Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once around 2am, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

One of my readers corrected me on my math regarding D-Day. 😊

I left the apt just before 8am. (Teresa will soon return to the finca to survey work being done.)

I noticed a long line of cars outside the mall waiting to receive their vaccinations.

I had some pages printed then waited for Jose in Habia Una Vez. He texted me that traffic was horrible but he was on his way. I waited until 8:30 to order my breakfast and Jose arrived 5 minutes later.

I had the Black pieces for the first game and it went 55-moves before I resigned. At the end he had 4 minutes left on his clock and I had 1 and a half.

For lunch at Tipoco Antojo I ordered their arepa rellena but was told they don’t have that now. I then noticed the fine print on their menu said it was one of the items that wasn’t available until after 3pm. I had two of their orders of frijoles and rice. After that I had a McDonald’s vanilla/chocolate mixed ice cream cone.

I had the White pieces in the second game and though I was down a pawn I had a strong Knight posted in the center but in the end I was checkmated on the 51st move.

By this time it was 4pm, one of our two longest games. He left and I went down to Santa Leña where I had coffee while licking my wounds.

I left about 5pm and returned to the apt by taxi. Teresa returned about 6pm. She said because of the rain they didn’t make as much progress as she’d hoped.

She didn’t want to cook so we walked down to McDonald’s where she ordered her usual chicken sandwich and I the Chedder Melt combo. While I was eating my sandwich she asked me why it doesn’t have any tomato, lettuce, or pickles in it. I told her I didn’t know – maybe this is the way it comes or maybe the cashier asked if I wanted them but I didn’t understand. Teresa called over the cashier who explained this is how it comes unless you ask for the additions.

Back at the apt a downpour started about 8:45.

Something wonky was going on with the refrigerator’s ice dispenser, you could hear it grinding away like it’s making shredded ice but nothing was coming out.

There was still a steady drizzle when we went to bed at 10:30.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 13,927 ð 15,091 ð 14,031 new cases and 436 ð 459 ð 438 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,571,067 ð 3,593,016 ð 3,611,602 cases with 91,961 ð 92,496 ð 92,923 deaths.  Medellin has 313,193 ð 314,256 ð 315,769 cases, an increase of 1,423 from June 7th to 8th. Envigado has a total of 25,099 cases, an increase of 68 from June 7th to 8th.

 

Joke of the day

A man was driving down a country road one day at 45 miles per hour, when suddenly he noticed a three-legged chicken running at the same speed beside his truck. Though he thought this odd, the man decided to speed up so he wouldn't cause an accident with the chicken. The man sped up to 55 miles per hour, but so did the three-legged chicken. The man then sped up to 65, and so did the three-legged chicken.

As the man watched in amazement, the chicken suddenly made a sharp left turn and took off down a side road toward a small farm. The man turned around and followed the chicken to the farm. Looking around, the man found a farmer around back amid a flock of three-legged chickens. After greeting the farmer, the man asked him why he was raising three-legged chickens.

 

“Well, we figure that with an average family of three people, only two can have a chicken leg with a normal chicken,” said the farmer. “But with a three-legged chicken, each member of the family can enjoy a chicken leg of their own.”

“That's pretty sensible,” said the man, who then asked, “So how do your three-legged chickens taste?”

“I don't know,” said the farmer. “We've never been able to catch one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment