Sunday, June 6, 2021

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, was awakened at 3:45 with a cramp in my right calf (how rude!), finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Today I continued taking my eye drops – this is Day #2.

Teresa left at 9:45 for a couple of gym classes then she has an eyebrow appointment at 12:30 in Sabaneta so we’re going to meet at the Sabaneta Exito around 1:30 and go to lunch from there.

I had coffee for about an hour at Parva before returning to the apt.

I had just returned when there was a knock on the door. (What, Teresa has returned so fast?) I looked through the eyehole and saw a man not wearing a security guard uniform but holding a Makita drill case. I opened the door, he took one look at me, then the apt number, said “pardon” and left.

Teresa called at 12:45 to inform me her appointment was running late and I shouldn’t wait for her but have lunch on my own.

On my way to the mall I learned from Herman that his Costa Rican friend, who may be interested in buying a finca, will be returning tomorrow.

Cine Colombia had its gates up with lights on so hopefully they are getting ready to open on the 15th.

I had a BBQ pork sandwich with a medium Pepsi at Subway then coffee in Santa Leña before returning to the apt by taxi.

BrianEricMurphy (1359) resigned our game increasing my rating to 1525.

Teresa returned at 5:15.

Teresa wanted Mexican food from Wajaca in the Villa Grande strip mall but she decided she was too tired to go out so I placed a Rappi order. She ordered seafood with rice and I ordered a chicken burrito. We discussed sharing a chicken burrito but it wasn’t clear if the order only included one burrito. (Soon we’ll know.) The order took 50 minutes to be delivered but we both enjoyed our orders. The burrito turned out to be one burrito but it was huge. I would have been satisfied with just half of it but I ate the whole thing.

 

Johns Hopkins’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 15,037 ð 14,272 ð 14,123 new cases and 428 ð 414 ð 418 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,488,046 ð 3,518,046 ð 3,547,017 cases with 90,353 ð 90,890 ð 91,422 deaths.  Medellin has 308,761 ð 310,257 ð 311,90i4 cases, an increase of 1,647 from June 4th to 5th. Envigado has a total of 24,926 cases, an increase of 69 from June 4th to 5th.

 

Joke of the day

A guy goes to the tattoo parlor and offers the tattoo artist $1,000 to put a $100 bill on his penis.

The artist agrees, but she is curious and asks the man why he wants to do this.

The man replies, “I have my reasons which I would rather not reveal right now.”

So, the artist goes ahead and does the job. But all the while she is full of curiosity over why this man wants a $100 bill on his organ.

So, she tells the man that she really needs to know the reason why and says that the man can keep the $1000 he would have paid for the tattoo if he would just her tell the reason for putting a $100 bill on his organ.

So, the man consents and offers these three reasons: “First, I like to play with my money. Second, I like to watch my money grow. And third, and most importantly, the next time my wife wants to blow $100, she can stay home to do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment