Friday, June 4, 2021

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

After breakfast I went back to bed and slept from 8am to 9am.

Just before Teresa left for the finca at 9:30 she told me the doctor’s office called and I understood she is running late.

 I left at 10:15 for my eye appointment. At first my taxi driver headed towards Avenida Poblado but then he looked at his GPS and saw that it was deadlocked so he turned around and headed to Avenida Las Vegas. I still arrived 10 minutes early for my appointment, I announced myself to the receptionist then took a seat in the outer waiting area. I was finally called in about 12:15.

Doctor Montoya checked my vision and announced it was getting better; before it was 20/50 and now it’s 20/30. She said I probably had a “lesion” (I don’t recall the exact word she used) and in time it would heal completely. She gave me a prescription for a couple different eye drops to use in place of my usual HialTears and she told me to return in two weeks.

The receptionist was looking for an appointment in her book in around three weeks so I told her I’m having surgery on the 21st. She then turned her appointment book to the 21st and I told her it has to be before that. 😊 She gave me an appointment for 11:20 on June 17th but didn’t charge me for today.

Thankfully, the doctor didn’t dilate my pupils so I walked the 10-11 blocks to BrooklynRL. There were 3 black men and a lighter colored lady (Jamaican?) at a nearby table. I said “hi” and learned they are from San Diego, Washington D.C., and Texas. The lady didn’t comment so maybe she’s from here. I had a delicious jerk chicken sandwich with waffle fries and an Arnold Palmer for 45mil.

I walked the four blocks up to Avenida Poblado where I was soon on a Sabaneta bus. It almost felt like old times with a nearly full bus and a young lady selling Twix bars for 1,000 pesos each. We went pretty fast going through the Gold Mile but then it was bumper to bumper until we got past the construction before the bridge by the Villa Grande strip mall in Envigado.

I got off past the Primax gas station, bought the eye drops for 103mil in the Pasteur pharmacy then went to Parva for coffee. I left at 4pm and bought two bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

I lost a 60-move game against Troyclough with Black dropping my rating to 1520.

Teresa returned at 5:30 and informed me we have to go to Santafe mall NOW. It appears she has some leggings she has to return today or she will have to keep them. We left the apt at 6pm and took a taxi to SantaFe mall. They have this huge rubber duckies with soap bubbles in a bathtub setup in their atrium. 😊 She exchanged her leggings for a complete outfit in Sport Line. In Falabella I bought a pair of thin pajamas, and she bought a pair of jeans.

We had supper in J&C Delicias and while there we heard some loud thunder. Of course, the taxi ride back to the apt was in the rain.

 

Johns Hopkins’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 17,119 ð 16,270 ð 15,037 new cases and 356  ð 396 ð428 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,432,422 ð 3,459,422 ð 3,488,046 cases with 89,297 ð 89,808 ð 90,353 deaths. (Jeff corrected the number of deaths for June 2nd after reading my blog.) Medellin has 305,633 ð 307,106 ð 308,761 cases, an increase of 1,562 from June 2nd to 3rd. Envigado has a total of 24,770 cases, an increase of 78 from June 2nd to 3rd.

 

Joke of the day

A fisherman and his wife have two children. But the issue was they had no idea what to name them. No name sounded about right, but one day they realized that whenever they left them in a room to their own devices, one kid faced the sea and the other faced away. It was always the same kid, and it happened each and every time.

So they decide to name their kids Towards and Away, and as the kids grew up, they always still faced towards and away from the sea when they weren’t doing anything.

Now when they hit thirteen, their dad decides it’s about time they learned the family business, so they packed food and water and went out to sea on their boat.

After about three hours, the fisherman’s wife starts to get worried, as they should’ve been back by now. “They probably just found a good spot, and are reluctant to leave,” she says to herself. But for the NEXT three hours she starts to panic.

Eventually, the boat came back, but it only held the fisherman. He was sobbing, and when he reached her, he told her what happened.

“We got caught in a storm, and as the boat tipped, a huge fish leaped out of the water. Towards was so scared he ended up falling out.” The fisherman’s wife was in tears at hearing the loss of her son. “That must’ve been a huge fish.”

The fisherman nodded. “You should’ve seen the one that got Away!”

No comments:

Post a Comment