Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt just before 8am and walked to the mall. I printed some chess notes then waited for Jose at Habia Una Vez. He arrived five minutes later and I had my usual breakfast and he ordered a ham and cheese omelet. He said it was the worst tasting omelet he’s ever had.

We went upstairs at 9am and started the first game where I had the White pieces. Toward the end of the game Juan Castro stopped by. I ended up losing a close game and then Juan showed me where I went wrong in the ending.

For lunch I had the chicken breast menu of the day from Tipico Antojo for 14,800 which was pretty good.



I had Black pieces in the second game and I got to play the Dutch defense and he made his usual Qb3 move which I’m still trying to find an answer to.

I lost, he left, and I went down to Santa Leña for coffee. I’ve been getting Whatsapp messages from Laura. She plans on visiting Chicago early July with a friend and she’s been questioning me about hotel locations.

Nobraskja from Envios Market texted me that they have a package for me. I asked for the amount and please deliver it after 5pm,

 

I left about 4pm, bought a few groceries in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

For supper we placed our usual order with Rappi and I went down to the porteria when their app said the delivery was on its way. I saw my Fed-Ex package sitting on their table. I got the message that they had arrived and I saw a Rappi driver across the street. He went to the other building’s porteria – not sure if he made another delivery there first or if he was lost but he soon walked across the street and gave me my order.

Back upstairs my package consisted of First in Chess and American Chess magazines and the other “body crème” that Teresa had ordered.

I lost my two games with Troyclough and Eschneiderag9 dropping my rating to 1537.

I tried sending myself cash using World Remit but they’ve redesigned their website again and I couldn’t figure out how to send USD but receive COP so I may have to use an ATM.

Today I clocked 5,867 steps.

No rain today!

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 11,138 ð 11,243 ð 11,370 new cases and 300 ð 311  ð 308 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,945,166 ð 3,968,405 ð 3,997,021 cases with 99,934 ð 100,582 ð 101,302 deaths.  Medellin has 335,467 ð 337,284 ð 339,117 cases, an increase of 1,830 cases from June 21st to 22nd. Envigado has a total of 26,353 cases, an increase of 85 from June 21st to 22nd.

 

T-shirt of the day

Climbing Kilimanjaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment