Friday, June 11, 2021

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once around 4am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Last night I finished reading Stuart Woods’ paperback Short Straw.

The ice crusher still doesn’t work but it is making ice cubes, just not crushing or dispensing cubes. Well, we need to have our filter replaced anyway so perhaps the serviceman can take care of both things at the same time.

I left the apt at 8:45 in 68 degrees with overcast skies and walked to the used bookstore. It was still closed so I sat across the street for about five minutes before giving up and leaving. On my way back I stopped at the Pasteur pharmacy and bought a package of cotton balls that Teresa wanted. I noticed three policemen (actually two were women) in the area of Los Porteños in La Buena Mesa.

I returned at 9:35 so maybe the bookstore is closer than I thought as I arrived at 9am and maybe they were a little late opening.

Teresa called me at noon but when I answered she couldn’t hear me. She called again and same thing. I called her but as usual I just got her voice mail.

She called me a third time and told me she was at La Casita Parilla. I told her I didn’t want to walk that far so we agreed to meet at Asados Rogelio in 20 minutes.

We had our usual menu of the day for 19mil each.

When we returned to the porteria the guard handed me a small package. As more of a test than anything, on May 13th I ordered a book from New in Chess in The Netherlands for 24.95 + 12.50 (shipping) = 37.45 euros ($45.98). Instead of using my Florida ship forwarding company I gave them my Colombian address. Only took a month but it did get here.

I had a 2-hour chess lesson with Juan Castro then Teresa told me she talked to my Urologist’s secretary. My surgery is now scheduled for Monday, June 28th at 10am. I still have a few outstanding questions to be answered: 1) I need the doctor’s Bancolombia account information, 2) I need advice as to whether I need to buy some of those “adult diapers” so I don’t soil our sheets and mattress.

Teresa wanted to order Argentinian sandwiches from Los Porteños but of course they didn’t answer their phone after numerous attempts so I ordered fried chicken from Frisby. Even though it came from Viva Envigado it arrived in record time in 38 minutes.

We tied 2 to 2 in parcheesi before the chicken order arrived.

Troyclough resigned our game and my rating is now 1534.

Wow, a day without rain. Small victories.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 14,03 ð 14,809 ð 13,409 new cases and 438 ð 416 ð 387 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,611,602 ð 3,635,835 ð 3,665,137cases with 92,923 ð 93,473 ð 94,046 deaths.  Medellin has 315,769 ð 316,979 ð 318,638 cases, an increase of 1,669 from June 9th to 10th. Envigado has a total of 25,302 cases, an increase of 116 from June 9th to 10th.

Colombia is 6th worst in the world when comparing new infections per 100,00 people.

 

Joke of the day

A man brings his buddy home for dinner unannounced after work. His wife screams at him as his friend listens in “My hair & makeup aren’t done, the house is a mess, the dishes aren’t done, I’m still in my pajamas and I can’t be bothered with cooking tonight! What the hell did you bring him home for?”

“Because he’s thinking of getting married…”

 

And, sadly, that’s the end of The Joke of the Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment