Thursday, June 3, 2021

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 4:45, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 5am, went back to bed at 5:45, took a while to fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Just before Teresa left for the finca she told me it would be better if I have my surgery on the 21st because the work on the finca won’t be finished in time for the 10th. I agreed but asked her to ask the doctor if that won’t be too late. She called the doctor’s office and confirmed my new appointment date of June 21st.

Teresa left at 9:30.

Last night I had downloaded and installed the USAA app. I called USAA and the rep walked me through depositing my $1400 Economic Impact Payment. Easy, peasy!

I left the apt at 11:30 and walked to La Casita Parilla where I had their chicken breast and a mango juice for 17mil. I had a medical document printed at the copy center and returned to La Buena Mesa where I had coffee at Parva. We experienced a quick shower about 2pm and I returned to the apt at 2:45.

Teresa returned at 5:30. Now she tells me she hopes to wrap up the work on the finca this weekend.

Yesterday I received a “private surgery budget” from Dr. Castano’s office that I printed today and just translated.

 Included in the surgery

·      1 day in a private room.

·      Anesthesia fees.

·      Room rights (presumably the surgery room).

·      “Instrumentacion” (Teresa explained this is like the nurse providing instruments for the doctors).

·      Pre-anesthesia consultation.

·      Materials and medicines necessary for the surgery and one day of hospital stay.

·      Pathology sample.

 

Not included in the surgery

·      Hospital stay in ICU.

·      Additional days in a private room.

·      Diagnostic aids.

·      Laboratory exams.

·      2 or more pathology sample.

·      Assistant fees.

·      Medications for underlying pathologies.

·      Blood bank products.

·      Complications.

·      Reoperations.

It also confirmed their cost of 8,000,000 pesos (appr. $2,200).

Johns Hopkins’ 7-day average of new infections and deaths has the US with 17,189 ð 17,119 ð 16,270 new cases and 392 ð 356  ð 396 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,406,456  ð 3,432,422 ð 3,459,422 cases with 88,774 ð 89,297 ð 139,870 deaths. (Not sure about this death number, that seems like an unrealistically high increase.) Medellin has 304,477 ð 305,633 ð 307,106 cases, an increase of 1,555 from June 1st to 2nd. Envigado has a total of 24,689 cases, an increase of 62 from June 1st to 2nd.

 

Joke of the day

A man boarded an airplane and took his seat. As he settled in, he glanced up and saw the most beautiful woman boarding the plane. He soon realized she was heading straight towards his seat. As fate would have it, she took the seat right beside his. Eager to strike up a conversation, he blurted out, "Business trip or pleasure?"

She turned, smiled, and said, "Business. I'm going to the Annual Nymphomaniacs of America Convention in Boston."

He swallowed hard. Here was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen sitting next to him, and she was going to a meeting of nymphomaniacs. Struggling to maintain his composure, he calmly asked, "What's your business role at this convention?"

"Lecturer," she responded. "I use information that I have learned from my personal experiences to debunk some of the popular myths about sexuality."

"Really?" he said. "And what kind of myths are there?"

"Well," she explained, "one popular myth is that African-American men are the most well-endowed of all men, when in fact it is the Native American Indian who is most likely to possess that trait. Another popular myth is that Frenchmen are the best lovers when actually it is men of Jewish descent who are the best. I have also discovered that the lover with absolutely the best stamina is the Southern Redneck." Suddenly the woman became a little uncomfortable and blushed. "I'm sorry," she said, "I shouldn't really be discussing all of this with you. I don't even know your name."

"Tonto," the man said, "Tonto Goldstein, but my friends call me Bubba...”.

No comments:

Post a Comment