Saturday, June 5, 2021

Friday, June 4, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3am, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Today I started taking my eye drops – Day #1.

I left the apt at 8am and walked my usual route. I had my step counter with me today and it’s just over 5,200 steps.

I left the apt again at 10am and walked to the mall. On the way I gave Herman my business card with Teresa’s name and cellphone number on the back. He knows someone from Costa Rica that might be interested in buying the finca. I had some chess notes printed, recycled a plastic bottle then had coffee at Santa Leña. I guess I didn’t understand what the waitress was offering me because she delivered me a spiked latte. I had a few sips of it and left the rest.

In the food court I had chicken breast, baked potatoes, salad, rice and frijoles for lunch - and some fruit drink I’ve had before, don’t remember what it’s called but don’t particularly care for.

Exito finally had the brand of eggs we prefer so I bought a package of 42 and returned to the apt by taxi.

Well, today we reached the mid-80s for a change. It’s been a while since we’ve had a warm day.

Teresa returned at 6pm and told me they won’t be able to finish work at the finca until Tuesday or Wednesday because she forgot Monday will be a holiday (although she didn’t remember which one).

Today my total step count was 9,282.

I think we broke some record or something because we went 24 hours without any rain.

 

Johns Hopkins’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 16,270 ð 15,037 ð 14,272 new cases and 396 ð428 ð 414 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,459,422 ð 3,488,046 ð 3,518,046 cases with 89,808 ð 90,353 ð 90,890 deaths.  Medellin has  307,106 ð 308,761 ð 310,257  cases, an increase of 1,493 from June 3rd to 4th. Envigado has a total of 24,857 cases, an increase of 88 from June 3rd to 4th.

Btw, “Peru said that Covid-19 has killed more than 180,000 of its people, giving it the world’s highest death toll relative to its population. South America is being hit harder than any other continent, with nearly all of its countries having among the highest rates of new infections and deaths.” Peru is where James has been for some months now.

 

Joke of the day

My wife was standing in the kitchen, preparing our usual soft-boiled eggs and toast for breakfast, wearing only the t-shirt that she normally slept in.

As I walked in, almost awake, she turned to me and said aggressively, “You’ve got to make love to me this very moment!”

My eyes lit up and I thought, “I am either still dreaming or this is going to be my lucky day!”

Not wanting to lose the moment, I embraced her and then gave it my all right there on the kitchen table.

Afterwards she said, “Thanks,” and returned to the stove her

t-shirt still around her neck.

Happy, but a little puzzled, I asked, “What was that all about?”

She replied, “The egg timer’s broken."

No comments:

Post a Comment