Thursday, June 3, 2021

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, woke up briefly several times during the night but quickly fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Still a light drizzle this morning.

I left the apt just before 8am and met Jose at Habia Una Vez for breakfast. Jose told me that Colombians consider it’s winter when it’s raining and summer when it’s not. 😊

Upstairs I was clearly winning the first game when I blundered a Rook and it was downhill from there. We heard some thunder while playing so I imagine there was some rain involved. I had 2 bowls of frijoles with rice for lunch while Jose had a chocolate ice cream cone. I lost the 2nd game in 38 moves.

I walked past Cine Colombia and it was closed. I had a café con leche and an almond croissant at Santa Leña and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa talked to Dr. Castano’s receptionist and we now have more information. The cost will be 8 million pesos for the doctors and 8 million for the hospital/clinic. I am in the process of converting dollars to pesos for the doctors and I should be able to pay for the hospital with my debit card. This Thursday I have to go to Cedimed for blood and urine donations anytime between 6-10am. I also have an 11am appointment with my eye doctor so the timing should work out. Also, my surgery is scheduled for Thursday, June 10th at 4pm.

We ordered frichuletas from Frisby and it took an hour and fifteen minutes to be delivered. First, I think they came from Viva Envigado and second, I think the muchacho made 2 other deliveries before ours.

On the evening news it was reported that Cine Colombia will now reopen on June 15th.

 

Johns Hopkins’ 7-day average of new infections and deaths has the US with 20,055 ð 17,189 ð 17,119 new cases and 445  ð 392 356 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,383,279  ð 3,406,456  Ã° 3,432,422 cases with 88,282  ð 88,774 89,297 deaths. Medellin has 303,710  ð 304,477  Ã° 305,633 cases, an increase of 1,156 from May 31st to June 1st. Envigado has a total of 24,625 cases, an increase of 53 from May 31st to June 1st.

 

Joke of the day

A reporter hears of a woman in his town that has the highest welfare payments, and he was curious as to why so he went to her house to interview her.

 

He got to a little house and after she opens, he introduces himself and asks her, "How old are you?"  "27." she said.

 

"And how many children do you have?" "Ten," she replied.

 

"Wow, ok that explains a lot." He said, taken aback.

 

"And what are their names?" he asked. "Well there's Bob, then there's Bob, and Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, and of course Bob."

 

"They're ALL named Bob?" he asked, even more bewildered. 

 

"What if you want them to come in from playing outside?" "Oh, that's easy," she explained, "I just call 'Bob,' and they all come running inside."

 

"And if you want them to come to the table for dinner?" "I just say, 'Bob, come eat your dinner,' and they do." She answered.

 

"But what if you want just ONE of them to do something?" he asked. "Oh, that's easy," she said. "I just use their last name."

No comments:

Post a Comment