Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:45.

One of my readers commented, “Terry, I believe you are three years older than me. Therefore, your aches after your long walks are not from old age. I refuse to believe you are old if I am only three years younger than you.” Well, a lot can change in 3 years, Lol.

I left the apt at 8am and walked to the mall. Jose was already there because he said he left early but traffic was unusually good today. We had breakfast and chatted about a number of things before going up to the food court at 9am.

I had the White pieces in the first game and I was clearly winning until I made a weak 12th move and it was downhill from there. (Yes, I lost.)

For lunch I had two orders of frijoles with rice while Jose had a sandwich from Q’Hubo.

I had the Black pieces in the 2nd game, and I got an attack but I missed a winning 31st move and I eventually lost. We’re pretty sure we heard a rainstorm pass through while we were playing our 2nd game.

I stopped by Cine Colombia and it there were a few people buying tickets. It was obvious you don’t get free popcorn until you buy your ticket. I checked the marquee, and A Quiet Place 2 is playing in English with Spanish subtitles at 6:20pm. If we’re going to go tonight it would be a good idea to buy our tickets now. I called Teresa 3 times over the next hour while having coffee at Todo Fresa but she never answered.

I stopped in Exito looking for hangers for shorts but a saleslady told me they don’t have them. I guess I’ll be making another trip to Home Center.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

I asked Teresa why she didn’t answer my calls and she showed me she had the volume turned down.

I asked her about going to see the movie tonight but she doesn’t want to miss her nightly Desafio program so I think I’ll have to see it by myself.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 14,288 ð 14,020 ð 13,721 new cases and 362 ð 339 ð 341 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,753,224 ð 3,777,600 ð 3,802,052 cases with 95,778 ð 96,366 96,965 deaths.  Medellin has 323,908 ð 324,710 326,530 cases, an increase of 1,820 from June 14th to 15th. Envigado has a total of 25,738 cases, an increase of 118 from June 14th to 15th. Wow, new infections more than doubled in a day; probably just a statistical anomaly.

 

T-shirt of the day

Stress doesn’t go with my outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment