Sunday, September 6, 2026

Saturday, September 5, 2026

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, couldn’t fall asleep, looked at my phone from 5 to 5:30, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up with Teresa at 8am.

According to my Fitbit, I got in 9,516 steps yesterday and last night I slept for 7 hours and 18 minutes for a sleep score of 71.

We left the apt at 10am and drove to Long Grove, IL. Not only does it have neat shops





but it was Irish Days. They had Irish dancing, Irish music (bagpipes and drums), and an Irish kilt contest.





We had lunch at the 200-year-old Village Tavern




a chicken sandwich for Teresa and a burger for me. Including Cokes it came to about $60 including tip.

Across the street we visited Olivia’s Boutique where Teresa found a blouse she loved for $74.52.

We stopped nearby at the Long Grove Confectionary where I bought a package of 6 apple spice donuts for $8.14. 



I was a little concerned they might not be fresh because they were prepackaged but they sure tasted fresh.

We took them next door to Long Grove Coffee where we ordered lattes for $10.28 to have with our donuts. (Teresa had one bite, declared they were delicious and that’s all she ate.)

We drove to Randhurst Village mall where Teresa found 3 blouses in T.J. Maxx for a total of $98.30.

 We returned to the apt and Teresa made herself an omelet and me 2 ears of sweet corn. I finally tried one of the oranges and found it was the same from Chile that we currently have in Medellin. Which I don’t like, too hard to eat and not sweet enough.

I won a game vs Troyclough increasing my rating to 1537. I tried a new opening, the Queens’s Gambit, and on my 21st move blundered my rook and on the next move he blundered his queen.

I spent at least an hour with ChatGPT getting my Stockfish 18 engine set up correctly for game analysis. Next I will have to move it from the download folder to a place more secure.

 

RELEASE ALL THE EPSTEIN FILES NOW!

 

FUNNY



 

No comments:

Post a Comment