Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up with Teresa at 7am.
According to my Fitbit, I got in 8,096 steps yesterday and
last night I slept for 8 hours and 20 minutes for a sleep score of 81.
Happy Birthday Laura! Today she is 25 years old.
I was thinking maybe my mouse just somehow became unpaired with my laptop so I used ChatGPT and it suggested I start with the old battery, turn the mouse off, wait 10 seconds and turn it back on. I tried that and it worked. 😊 I’m back in business with my laptop again.
We left the Airbnb at 9:30 and first made a stop at an ATM
to get more cash. At the Des Plaines train station I paid $2 for parking and
bought 2 one-way tickets to downtown Chicago for $11. The next train was at
10:30 so we had a 45-minute wait. Soon there was an announcement that the train
was delayed for some mechanical issue in Cary and there would be another
45-minute wait. We walked across the street to check out the stores in the
area. Workers were replacing sidewalk tiles but near us a man in a wheelchair
was stuck in the sand. We pushed him out and into the street as far as the next
driveway which was for the police department.
We walked around the block and back to the station and a
train arrived at 11:15.
We took a Wendella Water Taxi to Chinatown for $10, which
included a 50% senior discount. It was just after noon and we were hungry so we
stopped at the Veggie House for lunch for $55.83.
Teresa checked out a few stores but it was the same stuff as
before and she actually commented we don’t have to return to Chinatown again.
We stopped in café Tous Les Jours which is the same one in Glenview
where Teresa would buy bread. We had lattes and shared some fancy pastry and used
their restrooms.
We returned to the dock and a boat was just about to leave.
Back at the train station I led Teresa 2 ½ blocks to the corner of Monroe &
Wacker and asked her to look up so she could see the 110-story Sears Tower. (I
worked there from 1972-1980, which seems like a lifetime ago.)
Back at the train station we caught the 5:07 local train to
Des Plaines.
We went a block away to Potbelly where I ordered 2
cheese & broccoli soups and a turkey sandwich to share. I had an iced tea
while Teresa just had water.
I stopped at the supermarket across the way and bought a
6-pack of English muffins before we returned to the apt.
I started my pre-sleep reading routine at 9:15 and went to bed
at the usual 10pm.
RELEASE ALL THE
EPSTEIN FILES NOW!
FUNNY

No comments:
Post a Comment