Thursday, September 3, 2026

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took quite a while to fall asleep (after 2 Cokes I should have skipped the latte), got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up just before 7am.

According to my Fitbit, I got in 3,854 steps yesterday and last night I slept for 5 hours and 32 minutes for a sleep score of 64.

Today we’re going apple picking so I’ll be wearing some less than clean shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt.

We left the Airbnb at 8:30 and drove to Deerfield Bakery in Buffalo Grove. Teresa had their skillet while I had their 2x2 and a pecan pastry. We both had coffee for a total of $36.05. About the same price as the other breakfasts but at least we didn’t have to leave a tip.

We continued on to Woodstock (about an hour) and arrived at an empty parking lot at All Seasons Orchard. Uh-oh! A man was just leaving in his pickup truck but he stopped to talk to us (me). He is from Idaho and assists small farmers in keeping their farms by diversifying. The farm has an apple orchard, pumpkin patch, barnyard, farmer’s market, corn maze, tractor rides, apple cider, apple cider donuts, etc. He agreed that they opened for the season last Saturday but just for last weekend. They will open during the week starting next week. It’s a long way to go for apples but it’s even further going there for no apples. He did take my email address and promised to send us free entry passes.

We continued on to downtown Woodstock which was nothing to write home about, especially in this heat. We walked through a lot of the shops and Teresa found a few things to buy – supporting local tourism.

I stopped at a local Citgo and filled the car the remaining halfway for $3.99 a gallon – a bargain these days.

We drove to Millie’s Hallmark Cards in Mount Prosect where I bought a birthday card for Annie and gift bags for her and Lucy.

We had lunch in Panera Bread, basically the same as yesterday, the You Pick Two for each of us.

We stopped in Burlington (Coat Factory) were Teresa found a few things for $25.99.

We stopped in Ross Dress for Less and bought a few things including this pair of Chicago Bears shorts I’m going to wear around the apt for a total of $37.45.



We stopped in Walmart and used their restroom and bought prunes, a package of mixed vegetables, sweet corn, and eggs.

We stopped in the Tous Les Jours bakery again where Teresa bought another small loaf of bread.

We returned to the Airbnb by 7:15 and I went to bed at 10pm.

 

RELEASE ALL THE EPSTEIN FILES NOW!

 

FUNNY



No comments:

Post a Comment