Saturday, December 20, 2014

Friday, December 19th, 2014



4 days remaining on my visa.

I got up twice during the night.  After the 1st time I had trouble getting back to sleep; I should have gotten up and taken another sleeping pill.  The alarm on my cell phone went off at 6am and Teresa thought it was a phone call until I showed her the time on the phone.  She said to set it for 7am and went back to sleep.  I probably would have slept from 6am to 7am if I hadn’t been awakened already.

We got up at 7am, took our showers and were out the door by 8:15.  We got past the killer dogs undetected.

After a 10 minute wait we caught a bus to Envigado and took a taxi to the clinic and were there at 9am.  I gave the pretty young lady behind the desk 400 pesos (?) which is about 7 cents and she told Teresa I need to have an appointment for my procedure.  Maybe Teresa already gave her the 2mil.

We went to an ATM where I took out more cash and then we had breakfast at our usual restaurant for 37mil.

Teresa called and made an appointment for me for next Monday at 2:40.  I watched her writing notes on a napkin but I wasn’t very happy when I saw her write “enema”.  

I bought more sleeping pills for 63,098 and an enema for 10mil.  What I remember in the past were individual suppositories but this looks more like an IV bag.  Teresa told me the directions are to take it 3 hours before the procedure.  That should be fun.  At the 2 hour mark I have to also drink 6 glasses of water and, once again, I’m not supposed to pee.  Teresa said I can drink 2 glasses here and more when we get there.

Teresa spent about 35 minutes in a salon getting a haircut for 18mil.

We took a bus from there to MBE in El Poblado where I paid 36mil for January’s rental.  I usually pay 30mil but the charge is really $15 but probably because of the weak peso against the dollar I had to pay more.
I also received my Chess Life and Review magazine and 2 boxes for which I paid 39mil.

We took a bus back to Envigado then stopped at a tienda for glasses of juice for 5mil.

We started walking down to the highway but stopped at one spot where we felt a nice breeze.  I stopped a taxi which took us down to the highway.  

After a 10 minute wait we caught a Fredonia bus but Teresa got the last seat so I had to stand.  Instead of nonstop to the side road to the finca it stopped downtown and a lady came aboard and told us and several other to exit the bus.  We had to wait half an hour for another one.

We got past the killer dogs undetected.

Laura left about 4pm.  I gave her 20mil for food and 20mil for her own entertainment.

I opened the boxes which contained the 200’ of clothesline, clothespins, a clothespin bag, eyebolts, and a dog repeller.

I walked outside and pushed the button on the dog repeller and they just looked at me.  It took me a few seconds to realize it needs a 9-volt battery.

Teresa showed me the PSA results from my latest blood test and it was a 3.54, much lower than the previous which have been over 4, which leads me to be a little suspicious of this one.

I checked the new movie releases and I don’t see anything new I particularly like.

I noticed I have 3 new mosquito bites.

We started watching War of the Worlds.

Laura came back at 8:30.

At about the same time Laura and I realized we didn’t have an internet connection.  I checked the Control Panel and it said I had an internet connection.  It seemed like sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn’t, maybe depending on the website.

I took my sleeping pill at 9pm and we went to bed at 10pm.

T-shirt of the day: The devil made me do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment