Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014



At 6am I woke up with a backache so I got up and took 2 Excedrin Migraine before going back to bed.  The tree trimming started at 6:15 which set off the Terriers (Luna) to barking nonstop again.

I finally got up at 8am.

We left the finca at 9am and got past the killer dogs undetected.  In Caldas I took cash out of an ATM and gave Teresa 1,000,000 pesos for monthly household expenses.  We walked to the market and Teresa took a number (60) to buy meat.  They were on number 48 and we have to pay for it before 10am in order to get the daily discount but we barely made it with 6 minutes so spare.

After we paid 73,991 for the meat we went back to get everything else for which we paid 350,109 at 10:30.  Everything was put into the taxi which Teresa had already called for and we made another stop for Teresa to pick up a large bag of dog food.  She told me it was on sale today for 70mil instead of the usual 90mil.  She stopped again to pick up the electric bill and then noticed that today was the last day to pay it so we had to stop again for her to pay the 81,872.

Today the taxi driver (Walter) went all the way up to the fence which Teresa asked me to open.  When I did the driver went on down the path past the neighbor’s house without me.  I walked after them and saw the killer dogs but they didn’t really come after me.

At 1:15 it started raining and Teresa ran out and brought in the laundry.  

My Bitdefender sofware keeps flagging PUAs (Potentially Unwanted Applications).  At least today I was finally able to remove the Muvic toolbar program.

I tried opening magicJack without the hardware plugged in and it first showed the directory (dial pad) but that was covered with the message to insert my magicJack.  After I did I closed the message and the directory disappeared also.  I clicked on the icon again and again I see the directory covered with the message.  If I pull the message out of the way (only temporarily) behind it I can see “Please go online to see your Contacts.”

I spent another hour talking to magicJack with the same result – they are going to send me a relacement Power Adaptor for $5.39.  This time I accepted their offer.

I received another request from MBE to value the used Super Nintendo but now I see they won’t accept my .doc file: only .jpeg and other similar formats.  Sigh!  So tomorrow I plan to print my letter, use my iPad to take a photo of it, save it as a .jpeg file so I can attach it for MBE.

I tried to send a gift card to my daughter but had trouble with the Forever21 website.  We're sorry, but the address information is either incomplete or incorrect. Please review and edit the address you entered. You may also verify your address here or contact USPS.  I spent another hour chatting, or trying to chat, with a rep and their best recommendation is to try again using another browser.

I got a message that I needed to download a new version of Adobe Flash Player but even that took an hour.

I tried Forever21 again and finally I figured out they didn’t like the POB as the 2nd line address and they didn’t like the high-order zero on the POB number.  After that I got to the last step where I enter my debit card information and they replied “We can accept only credit cards as payment for orders of Gift Card or E-Gift Certificates.”  They won’t accept my debit card.  Arrgh!

I’ve had a lot of trouble with my laptop since 11/27 when I tried to download that uTorrent program.

I finally got in touch with my brother and got some questions answered. 
1.    How early or late can I pay my bill each month?  I forgot to ask.
2. Was Teresa successful in getting herself and Laura added to my policy?  Laura can be added after Teresa goes back to where she was born, San Andres, to change some document from there to here.  Teresa can be added but hasn’t done it yet.
3.  Does my policy cover more than just accident and emergency care?  Next time we see Natalia we will get a copy of what my insurance covers.
4.  Can I have a prostate biopsy done and at least partially covered by insurance?  Yes, but first, like in the States, I have to get see a GP for a referral.  We are waiting for Natalia to get me an appointment. 

I took my sleeping pill at 10pm and went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Dreams + Work = Success

No comments:

Post a Comment