Sunday, December 28, 2014

Saturday, December 27th, 2014



I got up twice during the night, woke up again about 6am and Teresa finally woke/got me up at 7:45.

We are out of milk so I just had a sandwich with coffee I made myself.

We left the finca at 9:15 and in Caldas first we stopped at aymará for breakfast.  Teresa had a couple chicken pastries and I had the waffles with strawberries and whipped cream and we both had coffee.  I understood she was going somewhere for a few minutes while I finished my breakfast.  When she came back she paid for the total of 17,100.  This flyer is from the bakery/restaurant.




BTW, I asked if they had the Cinnamon rolls shown in the picture and the waitress checked and reported they didn’t.  Another day.

We walked a couple doors up to a small home and electronics store where we sat down with a lady and her computer.  Teresa talked to her for awhile while I wandered around the store.  They had a nice kitchen counter with sink and cupboards for about 3,000,000 plus that would look nice in the finca.  They also had several washing machines.  Teresa told me they know her real well there because she has bought everything for the finca there.
We left and walked back toward the center of town and I understood she could see some store in the distance was closed.  We turned around and we stopped in the same store again and Teresa asked a quick question.

We walked a block away where she bought a few vegetables but she left the bag there to pick up later.

We walked back to the store and she sat down and I understood she was signing some contract.  No money was exchanged but she signed a 3 part form putting a fingerprint on each page.

We walked down to Merkepaisa market where we bought a few things including milk for 26mil.  We then stopped at the fruit store where we picked up the other bag we purchased earlier.

Back at the home and electronics store they disassembled an exercise machine and carried it out to a covered pickup truck.  We put our bags of groceries in the back and we got in the front with the owner.  He made one stop in town that I understood was to pick up his son.

His truck didn’t seem to have much of a top speed but he made it up the hill without any difficulties.  I carried down a few bags of groceries, Teresa brought the rest and the driver and his son carried down the eliptical machine.

She paid the boy 10mil and the driver 40mil after they had reassembled everything.  It’s a Sport Fitness eliptical training machine with everything printed on the machine in English with a Spanish instruction manual.



I told her I wasn’t happy that she bought this without discussing it with me beforehand but she said she wanted it to be a surprise for Laura and I.  She said she got a good price on it – 800mil total with payments of 100mil per month due on the 10th of the month.  It does sound like a pretty good price if it gets used a lot.

By the way, when the workmen were leaving, the dogs up the hill went crazy with barking and then the Fox Terriers started barking back.  I said "no" but they didn't pay any attention to me.  I pointed the Dog Repeller out the door and pressed it once and they all stopped barking at the same time and ran back towards the finca.

I have to admit Teresa and Laura have been using the exercise machine quite a bit thus far.

And here is a picture of the not yet completed stairs up to the loft area.



Teresa and Laura wanted to watch a good movie so Laura found And While we Were Here on her yaske.net website.  After an hour we gave up on it.  I checked imdb.com and it only has a rating of 5.5.

We watched Return to Me which Teresa liked very much.

T-shirt of the day: Are we having fun yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment