Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Monday, December 29th, 2014

I woke up once, probably early in the morning, when the dogs went crazy for a minute.  Teresa woke me at 7am and I got up because we probably have a busy day ahead of us.  Anyway, it was nice to sleep through the night.

It will be interesting to see if my Direct TV subscription allows me to see all the NFL playoff games and the Super Bowl.

We left the finca at 9:15 and when we got to the neighbor’s house I noticed the gate was closed.  The doberman came up to the gate but didn’t come out but the other dog came close to the path but didn’t approach any closer.

We took a bus to Aguacatala followed by a taxi to Unicentro CC for 9mil.  Inside the lawyer’s office the lady working there gave me my passport with the renewed visa, I paid the remaining 460mil, she gave us the instructions we need to renew my Cedula, I filled out the proper form, and she gave me a bank deposit slip for the payment.

We walked over to Banco de Occidente which is right across the street from Unicentro.  We paid the 156,300 COP for my new Cedula but for some reason Teresa had to copy the deposit information onto a new form.  We walked outside and I took another 300mil out of their ATM machine.

We walked across the street to have lunch in Unicentro CC.  I asked Teresa if she wanted to have lunch in the same place as last time and she said she didn’t like it.  I thought we would look inside the mall for some restaurant but, strangely enough, we ended up at the same cafeteria as last time.  We each had cream of chicken soup, some slab of beef that was reasonably tender, a baked potato, gravy, salad and a drink for about 18mil.  

Teresa reminded me we have until January 7th to pay the Direct TV bill of 150mil.

We took a taxi to the Immigration office for 10mil.  They took all my information, we waited about 90 minutes, they gave me back my passport with a little piece of paper containing a website address – that I understand we are to check after an 8 day wait; same as last year.

We stopped at an internet café where I added 20mil to my cell phone, we stopped at a tienda where she had a bottle of water and I had an iced tea and we bought a loaf of bread for sandwiches.

We walked down to Avenida 80 where we got on a Circular Sur 302 bus.  Teresa sat in the front seat and I sat right behind her – surprisingly, right next to Sergio, Nydia’s husband.  I introduced him to Teresa and told him I don’t live in the apartment anymore, instead I’m in her finca between Caldas and Amaga.  At the last minute before we got off the bus at Aguacatala Teresa gave him my cell phone number.

We just missed a Tratam bus but after only a 10 minute wait we caught a Fredonia bus back to the finca – we even had no problem getting seats.
On the way up the side road Teresa told me that there will be a lot of traffic and a lot of people at the fincas at the top of the hill.  Some day we’re going to have to walk up there so I can see what’s there.

At the neighbor’s house the doberman came out and my Dog Repeller kept him back but he didn’t exactly run away from it like the other dog did.

I found a message on my i-Pad that general manager Phil Emery and head coach Marc Trestman were fired from the Chicago Bears today.

While Teresa was feeding the dogs, Luna got too close to the food that Tony thought was his and he attacked her.  I should have used my Dog Repeller on him at that point but I didn’t think about it until after.

We started watching The Captive using but something went wrong with the delivery.

While trying to fix it the cursor froze and I couldn’t get it restarted even when I rebooted.  Even the light was on, indicating to me it was working, when I replaced the battery in the mouse with one taken from my camera, it started working again.

I took my sleeping pill at 9:45 and we went to bed at 10pm.

T-shirt of the day: There’s room for all of god’s creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment