Friday, December 5, 2014

Thursday, December 4th, 2014


Happy Birthday Jeannie!  Today is my daughter’s 26th birthday.


Even though I got up 3 times during the night I was asleep the rest of the time so I got up at 7:45 feeling pretty good.


When I checked the MBE website I discovered that when I used Internet Explorer it automatically translated the site to English.  The SNES status is still the same.


I brought Tony inside and he sat well for a couple dog biscuits.  The only problem is his lack of patience because he lunges to get it when I finally offer it to him.


We left the finca at 10:15.  The plan, as I understood it, was to go to Los Molinos where I would get a haircut and I understood Teresa wanted to have her hair colored.  I also wanted to print a letter I had written to MBE.  We also wanted to pick up a few things at Exito and Home Center.


We got past the killer dogs undetected.


While waiting for a bus a cement truck came by and slowly climbed the hill.  The following cars crawled past us and a pickup truck stopped in front of us.  Teresa talked to the driver and then opened the side door.  We got in so I assumed this was another example of a cash ride.  Teresa was talking to the man and I only heard a few words I understood like wife, daughter, and no money.  We were on the highway when he pulled to the side, stopped and turned off the engine.  He got out and opened the hood and started fiddling with something.  I took that opportunity to tell Teresa that I only had a 10mil bill – not the 6mil exact change like usual.  She told me that he wasn’t charging us for the ride.  He came back in the cab, showed Teresa a small metal part, started the engine and we were off once again.  A few minutes later he turned off onto a side road and drove through Itagui.  At one point I asked if we were still in Itagui and they both said Santa Maria.  Teresa repeated again that we want to go to Aguacatala station and I added “or Avenida Ochenta” (80th Avenue).  He dropped us off on an entrance ramp to Avenida Ochenta and a couple minutes later we caught a taxi to Los Molinos.


While stopped in traffic a block from the mall I noticed an internet café advertising copying and printing so I paid the driver 8mil and we got out.  I told the young lady working there that I want to print one page in black and white from a file on my flash drive.  I was standing outside the gated door while she put the flash drive into a computer.  She asked me something, probably the name of the file, and all I could remember was MBE.  I asked permission to come in and quickly showed her the correct file – Super Nintendo Entertainment System.  She printed it and charged me 200 pesos.


We walked over to Los Molinos and first I took some more cash out of an ATM.  It was 20 minutes to noon and I was afraid my barber, Juan Royas, might go to lunch soon so that was our first stop.  He was free and gave me a haircut and I was done by 10 minutes after noon.  Teresa was getting a pedicure and she told me she would be at least another hour.  I told her I would come back in an hour.


On my way upstairs I saw a small ferris wheel for children called a “rueda de Chicago”.  Of course that caught my eye since I’m from the Chicago area and I know that the first Ferris wheel was erected in Chicago in 1893.  (Later my dictionary translated “rueda” to “wheel” and Google Translate translated “rueda de Chicago” to “Ferris Wheel”.  Interesting!)


Upstairs in the food court I had a strawberry juice for 4,400 and read my Nook book for about an hour.


Back downstairs I saw Teresa having her hair trimmed by Juan Royas.  Ten minutes later she finished and I paid 53mil for her work.


We went upstairs where we each had the Frischuleta and a juice from Frisby for 40,400.  Teresa talked to Laura and told her she would bring her a hamburger.


Teresa told me she decided the appointment for my prostate was more important than shopping at Exito or Home Center but I understood we would have to go to Envigado to use her mother’s home phone – for some reason we can’t use a cell phone.


We walked outside Los Molinos and across the street she noticed one of those ladies sitting on the street corner who allow you to use one of their phones for a fee.  She talked to her and the lady sent us a couple doors down to an internet café where she made a call.  She was on the phone for about 15 minutes and I understood we didn’t need to go to Envigado anymore.  That only cost 300 pesos.  I understand Teresa can call a number tomorrow to make a doctor’s appointment for me.


We went back into Exito in Los Molinos where we bought a couple boxes of cereal, a container for bread, butter, nail polish, superglue and a piece of cake for Laura for 66,980.


We walked back down to Avenida 80 where we caught a cash ride to Aquacatala.  We only had to wait 5 minutes for an express bus back to the finca.  As we got even with the neighbor’s the killer dogs heard us and started barking but the Doberman didn’t come out.


We were back at the finca by 5pm.


I took a photo of my letter to MBE using my ipad and emailed it to myself.  When I went to the MBE website I was pleasantly surprised to see that the SNES package was marked as being “In Transit” so my printing the letter was apparently unnecessary.


Yesterday I gave Laura 120mil to pay the quarterly tax bill “Municipo de Caldas - Impuesto Predial Unificado” of 118,941.  At 7pm she came back with the stamped receipt.


The Bears are supposed to be playing Dallas tonight on the NFL channel but I couldn’t find the game on Direct TV.  Sigh!


Teresa put Luna in the shed and she wanted to put Paluche there also but he would approach us but not let us get close enough to grab him.  I got a dog biscuit to entice him and when he started eating it I grabbed him.  He struggled a lot and even reached back a couple times and put his teeth on my arm but he didn’t bite down.  He ended up getting away anyway.


I took my sleeping pill at 10pm and we went to bed at 11pm.

 

T-shirt of the day: Exercise #427: The Donut Curl (Simpson t-shirt)

No comments:

Post a Comment