Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Sunday, December 14th, 2014

Yesterday was my 750th posting.

9 days remaining on my visa.

I got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

I made waffles for Teresa and I.

In my Yahoo email account on my iPad I receive the message “Cannot Get Mail – The connection to the server failed.”  Then I saw that I received 7 emails between 1:11 and 1:13 am.  They were all failure notices from Yahoo: “Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address:” followed by the address of someone I’ve never heard of – all 7 were different names.  I also had to change my email address on my laptop so that may have had something to do with the problem.

At 11:30 Teresa told me she has to meet Vicky at Mayorca at 1pm to give her some money, and she wants me to go with her.  And I thought today was my day of rest although I still need to catch up on my blog for the last two days and call Bob and the Colombian foreign ministery.

I see that I have an $8 ATM Service Fee charged to my checking account probably due to some of the unusual ATMs I have been using – but I don’t know which ones.

We left at 1:30, caught a minibus to Majorca, and waited 15 minutes for Vicky.  Her husband Albero (sp?) showed up and gave Teresa about 250mil.  I thought it was going to be the other way around.  We only had to wait 5 minutes for a bus back to the finca.  We got back at 3:45 and got past the killer dogs before they discovered us.

Teresa told me Laura won’t be back until tomorrow; I understand she really likes Envigado.

Someone who doesn’t understand Spanish (me) and someone who doesn’t understand English (Teresa) tried to send an email to the Colombia Foreign Ministry (Embassy?) in Bogota.

I tried calling Bob but got no answer.  I sent him an email that I would like to call him tomorrow and I got a positive reply.

Teresa talked to Ramiro and he said he wouldn’t be able to come until Wednesday.

When I turned on the NFL game at 8:30 I found out the Bears game is tomorrow night.  Instead we made popcorn and started watching The Bounty.  

I took my sleeping pill at 10:45 and we went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment