Monday, December 8, 2014

Friday, December 5th, 2014

Probably because I had a sandwich with coffee at 7:30 last night I got up 4 times during the night but otherwise slept well.  I finally woke/got up at 8:30.

Teresa got in touch with Ramiro and because of something to do with his son and the police he doesn’t know when he will be able to come to build the stairs.

The “clothesline etc.” package shipped from Amazon but in two separate packages.

I checked the latest US movie releases and I would like to see Wild (7.0) and maybe The Pyramid (5.8).  Wild is base on the book Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail that I read in April of last year.

Locally I would like to see A Walk Among the Tombstones (6.7) and I still want to see Interstellar (8.9) but the only place they are playing at a decent time is faraway El Tesoro.

I took a nap between 3 and 4pm.

Teresa invited me to join her up the hill getting some earth for the plants.  I asked her if there will be mosquitoes there and she replied “a lot” to I declined.

Teresa finally got in touch with the doctor’s office and I have an appointment for next Friday, December 12th at noon in Envigado.  We’ll take a bus to Envigado and a taxi from there so we’ll know where exactly where it is.  Teresa said she has to call Natalia next to get my medical document(s).  I told her I have all my medical records but maybe Natalia has to give her something I’m not aware of.  I assume this appointment is just for the doctor to give me a referral to have the biopsy.

Five minutes later I heard a lot of barking so I looked outside and all I saw was Tony looking up the hill.  I looked up and I saw Teresa sweeping the path and the other 3 dogs barking furiously and dashing back and forth between her and where the killer dogs live.  Tony immediately headed up the path to join them.  I guess they finally drove the killer dogs back because a minute later all was quiet.

I saw Don Carlos’ son Carmelo (about 20 years old) carrying a load of earth up the hill with Teresa and later she gave him 5mil.

At 6pm it started raining and for some reason Teresa allowed, even encouraged, the Terriers to come in the finca (all except Peter who was probably playing in the garden as usual).  She put down a blanket for them to lie on.  She shooed them out later when the rain stopped.

Laura wanted to see a movie called You Aren’t You.  I first checked imdb.com to make sure the title existed then I checked netfix but it wasn’t one of the titles they carried.  Laura used my laptop to go to someplace called yaske.net where she found the movie.  When we started playing it there was a ticking sound every second.  Whenever we turned the sound up or down the volume of the ticking sound went with it.  Finally I found that there were about 8 other tabs open for that browser and when I closed all of them the ticking sound went away.

When we finished that movie they wanted to see something else so I started Forrest Gump.  After a few minutes I understood they both had seen it before but wanted to see it again.  We stopped the movie at 10:30 at the point where Forrest Gump was going to Vietnam.

I took my sleeping pill at 10:15 and we went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Moto is life.  (Moto is a common abbreviation used locally for motorcycle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment