Sunday, December 14, 2014

Saturday, December 13th, 2014



10 days remaining on my visa.

We got up at 6am, took our showers, and luckily caught a direct bus to Envigado.  

I told Teresa I had a good idea.  I decided we should explore renewing my visa from the other direction.  I told her we should stop at Immigration in Belen so she could find out what we need to do.  And if it was easier, she could ask about the Marriage Visa.  (Now I know it isn’t that easy getting married to a gringo.  Like the US you can get married in the church or in a government office but in that case I would need an Apostilled copy and Spanish copy of all the pages of my two previous divorce agreements, not older than 30 days.)  I understand you can also go to a notary and sign some document that basically says you live together and that, I believe, satisfies the government’s requirements for a Marriage Visa.  And it’s good for 3 years.

I was so tired of walking up and down hills over the last 3 days we took a taxi up to the same clinic in Envigado.

Once inside, for the first time I noticed the “take a number” machine next to the front door.  We took one – 35 – and they were on turn number 303.  ???  After about a 15 minute wait we went down a different hallway from yesterday and sat down in another small waiting area with about 15 other people.  After a couple people went ahead of us we went into a small room – the size of a closet, really – where there were 3 “stations”.  At the 2nd station a young lady drew my blood and we were out in 5 minutes.
I added 20mil to my cell phone at one of the local Gana booths.  They primarily sell lottery tickets.

We walked a couple blocks away to Lena y Carbon for breakfast.  Teresa had fish and I had calentao and coffee.  I informed Teresa that both the rice and the beans were cold but I didn’t want to send it back although I hope to remember next time to tell them that I want them hot.

We walked down the hill to Exito where we bought a few things for 59,360 we needed but forgot to buy salad dressing and bread.

We caught a bus back to the finca after a 10 minute wait but all the seats were taken and I was about 3 inches taller than the roof of the bus.  Teresa motioned for me to sit on the floor next to the front door.  I did but I must have been sitting over the gearbox or something because my bottom started getting hot.  After about 30 minutes I got up and stood on one step down closer to the front door.  Traffic was heavy – I soon found out that a bridge we had to go over had one of the two lanes closed due to construction.

We got back to the finca undetected by the killer dogs.

Laura left about 5pm.

Teresa and I watched Abandoned and then Prey.

We were both very tired so we went to bed at 10pm.

T-shirt of the day: Military woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment