Sunday, November 13, 2016

Friday, November 11th, 2016


Among new US movie releases I would like to see Arrival (8.5), Shut In (6.0), and Elle (7.3) although the latter is in French with English subtitles.
Locally, I would like to see Arrival (8.5) but so far it’s only playing at 6:10 at night (with Spanish subtitles) in El Tesoro.  So, maybe during the week to avoid the crowds.

Before the Today show started I made a quick trip to Exito.  On the way in I noticed a stack of Gente newspapers so I made a mental note to pick on up on my way out.  Of course, I forgot when it came time to leave.

As soon as I got to the gym Oscar came up to me and said “I have some good news that’s really good and some bad news that’s really really bad” and then he walked away.  Later I told him, “The good news is it’s only for 4 years and the bad news is it’s going to be a long 4 years”.

I now weigh 88 kilos and I left after an hour and 10 minutes.  I didn’t see any Gente newspapers on the stairs so I made a special trip to Exito but they were out also.

After lunch, Teresa told me that she doesn’t want to have to deal with ripping out the walls to fix the gas leak so we’ll wait until we move out in May and then they can do it.  I understood she wanted to buy an electric stovetop to put on top of the gas one.  I told her I didn’t want to do that because the new apt is sure to have one and we don’t need two.  It wasn’t until she mentioned “electric cord” that I understood she wanted to buy something like a crockpot.

I stopped at the paper store where I had some pages printed from Chess Life magazine.  Instead of printing the whole thing and throwing out advertising pages I asked for the specific pages I wanted like “3-7” but at first the lady only printed pages 3 & 7.  After that she printed the missing pages but it seemed like she printed them one page at a time instead of entering “4-6” on the print screen.  The 40 pages cost me 16mil (about $5) and she thanked me like she made a lot of money from that.

We walked with her mother down to Exito where MT bought an Oster toaster for 150mil.  She was short on cash so I paid for it with my debit card and she’ll make up the final 30mil later.  Waiting in line I noticed there are no longer display cases next to each register advertising cigarettes.  I noticed the same thing this morning at the other Exito.  Is there a health movement going on here?

MT left for her apt and we went to Home center where we bought a large Black & Decker electric skillet and a mortar & pistle for smashing garlic for 214,800 (about $71).  I told her that in the US we mix garlic and butter and put it on bread and toast it for garlic bread.  She told me we can buy garlic butter in Exito and I asked her to show me.

We took a taxi back to the apt for 5mil.  When we got back we found our Une (wifi) bill of 64,900.

Teresa called the Opthamologist and rescheduled my appointment for next Thursday at 10:20am.

More emails about attempts to access my yahoo account from Russia.

At 8pm I watched the US lose to Mexico 2-1 in soccer.


T-shirt of the day: Thing 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment