Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Tuesday, November 1st, 2016

Last night I took 3 sleeping pills to ensure I could get to sleep quickly since I needed to get up at 7am.  (It’s actually 1 3mg sleeping pill scored so it can be easily broken into 3 1mg pieces.)  I fell asleep quickly but was awakened at 1:30am by Teresa’s snoring.  I moved a little and so did she and she soon stopped and I quickly fell back asleep.  I awoke once more about 6:30am from the usual street traffic.  I got up at 7am, took my shower, ate a bowl of cereal and Laura walked with me to the bank. 

I made a withdrawal from Citibank and next door at the special machine in Bancolombia Laura watched while I paid the apt rent and my health insurance for the month.  (You have to have your money ready to put inside when it opens or you have to start over.)

I stopped at the paper store Papeleria Latino Americana at Calle 38 Sur #43-28 where I had them print in color the game notes that my Philippino friend Ruben sent me about my 2nd game last week with Dario.  It cost me 5,500 pesos so maybe next time I’ll print them in black & white.  They refused to take my 20mil bill because a corner of it was cut off.  I think they recommended I exchange it at the bank.

My last stop was at Exito where I bought a package of prepackaged hamburgers, buns, and 2 packages of arepas.

I was back at the apt by 8:40am.

We left the apt at 3:15 for my 4pm appointment with the Opthamologist.  Actually MT and I have piggyback appointments.  I tried to withdraw a little more cash at the building’s Bancolombia ATM but it didn’t work.  I walked across the street and had the same experience with a Servibanca ATM.  Teresa’s mom said she had enough cash that she would also be able to pay my fee of 170mil.  We had to wait until almost 4:30 to get in to see the doctor.  She dilated our pupils and we had to wait another 30 minutes.  As expected she said I need to have the laser surgery in my left eye now.  (At least she said I don't have to worry about the problem repeating itself.)  It will cost me 180,200 pesos (about $62) for the use of the clinic and its equipment and 250,000 pesos (about $86) to the doctor.  I scheduled my surgery for next Wednesday at 11am in Clinica de Oftalmologia Sandiego with a followup the following Wednesday at 2:45pm.  (With insurance it would probably cost more than that back in the States.)  MT has cataracts and I understand she scheduled her surgery for the end of January and it will cost her a little more than 4,000,000 pesos (about $1380).  Wow!

Afterwards we stopped downstairs at Il Capuccino where we each had an apple muffin and coffee for a total of 19,500 pesos (about $6.75).  Teresa gave the cashier my damaged 20mil bill and they took it.

Back at the apt I saw the Chicago Cubs dismantle the Cleveland Indians 9-3.  Game 7, the last of the year, is tomorrow night.


T-shirt of the day: Damn seagulls.  (This was on a black t-shirt with white splotches.)

No comments:

Post a Comment