Sunday, November 20, 2016

Saturday, November 19th, 2016

I fell asleep quickly and only got up once at 5:30.  I finally woke/got up at 8:50am feeling great!

The Colombian Peso closed at 3,181 to the Dollar, a nice increase of 200 pesos from just a few weeks ago.

I left the apt at 10:30 for El Poblado, stopping first to add 40mil to our cell phone.  I quickly caught a bus and got off at MBE where I picked up an envelope from US Chess.  It was just a letter asking me to confirm my choice for delivery of my monthly Chess Life magazine – printed or online – which I had already taken care of online so it was a wasted trip.

Walking up Avenida Poblado for the first time I saw a Helm bank that one of the Gringos had recommended from Expat Exchange.  I only saw it because I was across the street and paused at the right location that I could see the sign through an opening in some trees. 

I walked up to Citibank where I made a withdrawal and continued on up to Starbucks where I took a quick look inside.  There was a short line and I saw what appeared to be blueberry muffins for sale in the display case.  I’ll have to try one some day.  Just before walking into Krispy Kreme a gringo sitting outside with 3 others started talking to me in English.  It turned out he’s Mitch from Pennsylvania and he wanted to talk to me about Jehovan’s Witness.  He gave me a brochure and recommended I checkout their website and I recommended he read Eben Alexander’s Proof of Heaven.

Inside I bought 3 Boston Crème donuts – 2 to go – and had the 3rd one there with a cup of coffee.  I had a short conversation with an attractive woman who spoke good English.  The 3 donuts and coffee (still not hot enough for me) cost 13,700 (about $4.50).

After finishing my donut I stopped in their restroom where for the first time that I can remember I saw a Dyson Airblade hand dryer.  The first time I remember seeing one of those was years ago at Popeye’s restaurant in Lake Geneva, IL.

Across the street I just missed a Sabaneta bus.  I walked up to Oviedo and caught the same bus that had just passed me.

Getting off the bus the entrance to our street is closed off for roadwork although our apt can still be accessed from other directions.

I received an email from someone I used to know that would send my now ex-wife articles that were unproven and usually scams that I would discount by checking snopes.com.  This one was for a “pill that can access 100% of your brain”.  I had to go to youtube.com to discount this one.  I posted the original supporting link and then the link that discounts it.

I posted an old (2 years) Medellin Living article I found about Envigado.


T-shirt of the day: Open bar & BBQ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment