Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Monday, November 21st, 2016

Wow, finally a sunny day with not a cloud in the sky.  We’ll see if it stays that way.

I did my hour and twenty minutes at the health club and weighed in at 78 kilos.  The quadruped hip extender machine was still out of order.  The pad that cushions the back of your legs when you use it was missing so they are probably waiting for a replacement part to arrive.

On my way back from the gym I saw men working in a vault under the street.  Next to it was a small tent with something written on it about fiber optic communications.

Before lunch I made a trip to Exito and bought some food items and 4 Duracell batteries.  I put 2 fresh batteries in the remote control and it was working fine again.

About 2:30 MT came over and she and Teresa went to get another massage.

I finished Clive Cussler’s Raise the Titanic! and downloaded Steven Moss’s The Rookie: An Odyssey through Chess (and Life).

Teresa and I left the apt about 4pm for Santafe mall.  Teresa went to Zara to exchange some clothes and I went to Cachivaches where I bought 4 corn-on-the-cob holders (imported) for 52,200 (about $18).  In the main area they have an ice skating rink set up again.  I also noticed a photo booth for the first time.  I saw an advertisement for Black Weekend; I guess that’s one up on Black Friday.

After 2 hours of trying things on, Teresa came out empty handed.

We had a nice dinner at Parmessano for 66,424 (about $21) – lasagna and fresh mango juice for me and salmon, pasta & guanabana juice for Teresa.  First they brought out some bread slices for dipping in balsamic (sp?) vinegar.  Each entrée also came with a salad.

We stopped in Jumbo to pick up some things and it has been largely remodeled.  Now they have one long line that leads to the next available cashier.

We left the mall about 8pm and traffic was very heavy.  The driver got off Avenida Poblado and drove down to Avenida Las Vegas and traffic opened up considerably.


T-shirt of the day: Cowgirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment