Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Monday, November 14th, 2016

Today is another holiday.

Tonight (like last night) the moon is supposed to be the closest to the earth since 1948.  Could be some interesting viewing if we can see it from here.
This morning was very overcast so we left the apt at 10:15 for Euro in Mayorista.  It looked like all the individual kiosks were closed but luckily Euro was open.  At one point I had picked up a bag of ketchup that said in Spanish “pay for 900 ml and take 1000” and put it in our cart.  I found another bag a few minutes later that read “pay for 800ml and take 1000” so I took it.  At the shopping cart Teresa told me that 2 bags are too much.  I held them both up and asked her which one she preferred and she pointed to the “900ml” one.  Uh-oh.  I picked up a few other things I needed and then went for coffee. 

At the deli I met Mark, a gringo from Tampa Bay who has lived in Itagui for the last 18 months.  I learned from him that if I want a good steak I should go to Black Pepper near Olivo’s or Leinos (sp?) in Santafe mall.  For special dinners he recommended Tony Roma’s on top of the Dann Carlton and he said it would only cost about 50mil.  He also mentioned there’s a place nearby (Euro in Mayorista) where 3-4 gringos meet each day for coffee.

We were back at the apt by 12:15.

In the evening Teresa wanted to watch a movie on Netflix.  As usual she said it had to be “very good”.  I told her we’ve already watched all the good movies.  She said so the only ones that are left are “bad”?  I said, no, but they are only “so-so”.  Laura searched Netflix and finally settled on Wildlike but after a while we realized we’ve seen it before.  She then switched to Mr & Mrs Smith but after about 30 minutes Teresa didn’t like it. 

At 9pm we watched the 1st episode of Mars on National Geographic Channel.


T-shirt of the day: Move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment