Thursday, November 3, 2016

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2016

I did my 75 minutes at the health club.  On the way back I saw that they have placed some new cement electrical poles about 20 feet from the current roadway in preparation for the new bus route.

I received an email from the US Embassy reminding everyone that it is not a polling station.

I have a number of news sources one of which is an app called Chicago Now.  Often it’s difficult to tell the difference between an ad and a news article.  There was an article about something called SculpSure (a nice “play on words” for sculpture) that “is the world’s first FDA-cleared laser treatment for non-invasive lipolysis of the flanks and abdomen.  It’s a state-of-the-art, controlled light-based technology, ideal for patients looking to get rid of stubborn fat”.  A 25-minute non-invasive treatment Clinical trials show an average of 24% reduction in fat volume after a single treatment.  I googled SculpSure and Medellin, Colombia and it gave an address and telephone number in Medellin.  Teresa called but they don’t offer that procedure.

After lunch at Bancolombia again my debit card didn’t work.  Next door I withdrew cash from the Citibank ATM without any problem.  Back at Bancolombia I told the girl that works there that I don’t know why my new debit card doesn’t work in their ATMs.  She told me to try the ATH (Banco de Bogota) ATMs a couple blocks away.  I did and didn’t have any problem. 

I stopped at the Todo Drogas pharmacy where I picked up my Tamsulosin for the month (whose price went up from 43,900 to 47,500) and my Opticam solution eye drops that cost me another 51,900 (about $18).  I saw packages of Centrum Silver +50 so I bought a 100 tablet package for another 47,500 (about $16).

I watched the 7th game of the World Series.  Tied 6-6 after nine innings, there was a rain delay and I went to bed.  I woke up with heartburn and got up and took 2 Tums.  I turned on the TV and saw that the Cubs had beaten the Indians 8-7 in the 10th inning for their first World Series win in 108 years.


T-shirt of the day: Nothing 02 wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment