Friday, November 18, 2016

Thursday, November 17th, 2016

We left the apt at 9:20 for my 10:20 followup appointment with the Opthamologist.  We walked to a busier street and quickly caught a taxi.  We were at Torre Intermedica by 9:50.  We were 30 minutes early but Teresa declined my suggestion to stop at Il Capuccino for coffee.  All the chairs in the small office were taken so once we made our presence known we went out to the main waiting area.  Thirty minutes later we were finally invited in to see the doctor.  I told her about the floater (a small dark spot that changes locations) I have now. 

She checked my vision and then put drops in to dilate my pupil and sent me back to the waiting room.  Twenty minutes later I was back in her office.  After a second inspection she said it might go away on its own, my brain might learn to disregard it or it might move to a location on the side where it won’t be noticeable but I guess it’s not something she can remove.  Oh, well, it's not that bothersome.

There was no charge for the followup visit so out we went.  It was now about 11:35 so we went downstairs and had a nice lunch at Il Capuccino.  For 16mil (about $5) each we got breaded chicken, rice, potato salad, tomato & lettuce salad, a cookie and juice.

The clinic has a taxi stand so we were soon on our way back to the apt. 
I took what was supposed to be a 5-minute nap from about 3:20 to 4:25.  When I woke up Teresa was gone (probably with her mother).

About 5:30 I heard a crash outside.  I looked out on the street but didn’t see anything but others were on their balconies looking for the source of the sound also. 

About 15 minutes later I passed by the window and saw a firetruck outside and a police motorcycle and ambulance pulling away.  Teresa returned 5 minutes later and said something about a man had died but we don’t know more than that.


T-shirt of the day: Babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment