Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Monday, November 7th, 2016

Today is another holiday in Colombia, again I don’t know why.

Yesterday the US returned to standard time so now the Today show starts at 10am and my usual noon Sunday football games start at 1pm.

I took another military shower this morning.

I submitted a review to Trip Advisor for the Piara restaurant we ate at yesterday in Mercado del Rio.

Teresa told me she wanted to go to Euro in Mayorista to buy more groceries.  I understood she wanted to leave the apt after 11am.  I watched the Today show and by 11am I was dressed and ready to go.  About 11:30 she tells me she wants to go later in the week.  Sigh!

That’s enough.  I told her I’m going to see the movie The Accountant at 2:20 in Oviedo today, if she wants to join me that’s fine, otherwise I’ll go alone.  No sooner had I finished typing that sentence when I heard thunder in the distance.  We got a little rain later.

We had a late lunch, mainly because the single electric burner we have makes making lunch much slower.

We left the apt at 1:45, walked to the corner where we quickly caught a taxi, and bought our Preferencial tickets at Cine Colombia Oviedo for 28mil (about $9) because the theatre was close to being sold out.

Teresa bought a sandwich and soda for herself and I bought a medium popcorn and soda for myself.  The total came to 25,300 (about $8.50).
The theatre was quite full but we enjoyed the movie starring Ben Affleck.
Afterwards we picked up a few much needed grocery items at the Carulla store.  The cashier told Teresa something and then she explained to me that my debit card is risky because I don’t need to enter a pin number to make a purchase.  I’ll call USAA and see if I can get that fixed.

We were back at the apt by 5:15.

I plugged in my magicJack and for some reason it wanted me to reenter my email address and password.  When I did I got the stupid renewal screen again even though I’m paid up until 2020.  I chatted with their reps for a while until I figured out that I was using the new device and I should be using the old device.  My bad! I put the new device away in a box so I don’t accidentally make this mistake again.

I called USAA and they explained that with the new chip card I don’t have to enter a pin number with store purchases but I should show some ID and I do have FIDC protection of $250,000 so I feel better about that.

Teresa told me that of the renters of her finca, the husband is okay with staying there but his wife is afraid and wants to move out by the end of the year even though they will have to pay rent on it until next May.  But Teresa told me they have a cousin who is very much interested in renting it.

Almost every day I do a few tactic puzzles on chess.com (and they are hard).  And every few days I play a few 10-minute games on the same website.  I’ve won the last 8 games in a row and my rating has just topped the 1300 mark.


T-shirt of the day: Been way too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment