Thursday, November 24, 2016

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016

Last night I took a 2mg sleeping pill but still had trouble getting to sleep.  Surprisingly, I didn’t feel too tired in the morning.

It was another overcast day but it changed to mostly cloudy by the afternoon.

On TV they showed residents of San Andres Island getting ready for Hurricane Otto which is supposed to hit them tomorrow.

At the health club I met a Colombian woman named Olga and her approximately 12 year old daughter.  They had lived in Miami and both spoke good English.

I did an hour and 10 minutes at the health club; another leg exercise machine was out of order.

I checked the El Viejo y El Pancake website and they are having a Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow from 10 to 3pm (or as long as the food holds out) with turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc. for 30,000 pesos.  I told Teresa we’re going.  She has a 9am doctor’s appointment with her mother at Torre Intermedica but we’ll go for dinner as soon as she gets back.

I left the apt at 1pm and right away caught a bus.  I was more than 20 minutes early so I sat on the steps at Aventura mall until 1:45.

In the first game I had the White pieces and both of our flags fell so we agreed to a draw.  In the second game I had the Black pieces and I lost on time.  The openings never seem to go the way that they are shown in the books so I think I’ll start spending more time working on tactics than openings.

When the bus from the metro was coming up the hill I saw a lot of people leaving an auditorium that I had never noticed before.  Some of them were dressed up and it was nice to see some of the ladies in dresses.  The park by the library and Parque Envigado are decorated with Christmas lights but I have yet to see them on at night.


T-shirt of the day: Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment