Monday, March 13, 2017

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Yay, the US is back on Daylight Savings Time.

It’s a very overcast day and pretty cool so I soon changed from my shorts and t-shirt into my light warm-up suit.

Friday I talked to Teresa about going to see Kong on Sunday (today).  Now she tells me she wants to see it during the week.  In the past when I’ve wanted to see movies during the week she’s told me she wants to see them on the weekend.  Now that it’s the weekend she tells me she wants to see it during the week.  Sigh!
I left the apt at 4pm – alone.  I walked downtown and quickly caught a bus.  I got off at the Santafe mall, crossed the street and walked down to Oviedo.  Just outside the mall I saw 2 young ladies with makeshift sandwich board signs.  A man was signing one of them and when I approached I saw the other one said in Spanish “free hugs”.  But just then she turned her back to me and had a fit of coughing so I just kept on going.  I was at the theater 30 minutes before the scheduled start time for Kong.

At first on their rolling marque I only saw a 5:30 start time and it was dubbed in Spanish.  Then I saw that they had another starting at 4:50 in English with Spanish subtitles.  I waited in line for 10-15 minutes to buy my ticket.  It cost 19,000 pesos (about $7) including 2,800 for 3D glasses.  (I forgot to bring the pair I have at home so now I’ll have 2 pairs.)

I waited in line another 15-20 minutes to order a medium popcorn and large soda for 17,000.  I waited another couple minutes to actually receive my order.  I filled my cup with Pepsi and headed upstairs.

They were in the middle of a short I’ve seen before about the 90th anniversary of Cine Colombia and how they show makeshift movies in the small towns of Colombia.  The theater was freezing but I gutted it out for the 2 hour movie.

I had checked Runpee app on my iPad while still in the apt so I took advantage of that to make restroom runs at the 41 minute and the 1 hour 23 minute marks.  After the movie I stayed and after everyone had left and workers were cleaning up all around me I waited at least 5 minutes more for the credits to end.  Then I saw the trailer sequel to Kong where it is mentioned “there is more than one king (meaning Kong)”.

The last time I was in Oviedo I stopped in American Bagels and was surprised to see that about 1 square foot of their retail space actually contained packages (4) of bagels.  Today I noticed they have changed the name of the store to “cava de quesos – Premium Deli” or “cheese cellar".  I stopped in and they had plain, sesame, French toast and I bought a bag of their 4th type - Cinnamon Raisin bagels for 7,900 (about $2.50).

I waited 5 minutes or so for a bus back to the apt where I had Teresa toast one of the bagels and I ate it with butter and strawberry preserves.  It’s been more than 4 years since I’ve had a bagel.  It was very tasty.

I spend most of the evening going thru my Chess Life magazine.


T-shirt of the day: Sometimes I pretend to be normal.  But it gets boring.  So I go back to being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment