Friday, March 24, 2017

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Because of my cold I decided not to go to the gym today.

Teresa brought up again that MT still hasn’t received her SS payments.  I gave her lawyer James Lindzey’s phone number and she called and talked to one of his associates in Spanish.  Now I understand she’s waiting for James to call her back.  The only thing I learned that’s new is that instead of like me my company was paying into SS, because she was working for a family, MT sent the money to SS herself.

I received an email from Eddie yesterday asking if I was sure I would be at the gringo meet-up tonight.  I told him Teresa didn’t want me to go because I have a cold but I would stay for pizza and leave shortly thereafter.

I left the apt at 6:40, walked a block away, quickly caught a taxi and arrived exactly at 7pm.  Pizza en Leña is right around the corner from the church at the west end of Parque Sabaneta.  In fact it’s on the other side of the alley from the restaurant where my brother and I had breakfast.  I understand they just opened this new larger location this past January.

I sat at an empty table which was soon full of gringos.  (If you arrived at 7:30 I don’t think you would find a seat.)  A Colombian named John gave me his business card.  He’s a realtor, or is it real estate salesman, and he told me he has a few rentals in Envigado and even more in Sabaneta.  Another young man named Lloyd lives near Estacion Estadio and is teaching English in Santa Domingo, one of the poorer neighborhoods of Medellin.  The tips I received tonight are: there is a good pizza place in Barrio Estadio called Opera Pizza (Calle 42 #70-22) and we should try again to call SS in the US for MT.  (If they are open next Wednesday afternoon I’ll probably have pizza there.  I’ll be much closer to the stadium and will have a much better idea of how much time I’ll have available.)  I thought there was another tip but I don’t recall it at this moment.

I ordered a medium pizza and the guy across from me ordered something different.  I guess because I asked the waitress in Spanish if a medium pizza was large enough for 2 they brought a pizza that was half mine and half his.  (I had intended the other half for Eddie or if push came to shove  could take it back to the apt.)  The others also ordered pizza but theirs never arrived while I was there.

I left at 8:30 and quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.


T-shirt of the day: Don’t be jealous of friends who tell you their doing it 3 times a night.  They’re talking about going to the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment