Sunday, June 10, 2018

Friday, June 8, 2018


Last night I went to bed at 11:15, fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake/get up until 6:15.  Yay!  Was it because I was out and got a little exercise in the fresh air?  Is it because the last couple nights I’ve taken the smaller halves of my 3mg Meltonin tablets?  Who knows!

Teresa informed me that John and his wife want a hot shower head in the 2nd bathroom also so we’ll probably go to Home Center tonight to buy them so Teresa can take them with her to the finca tomorrow.

I left the apt at 7:45, bought a Q’Hubo newspaper and picked up a free Adn and Gente.  I saw a sign on my favorite ATM saying it will be closed until the 7th or 8th of July.  Bummer!  (I receive less cash and it costs me more in fees to use Bancolombia.)

I had calentado and a café con leche at Carbon de Leña then I had a chess page printed out at the copy center.  Their floor layout has changed again; they keep pushing their counters forward giving them more space in back.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  Charles was there today and he said he had returned to the States for a month – something about landscaping work.  When I first arrived at the gym today it wasn’t busy but by noon or so it was very busy.  At one point near the end of my workout I had 5 machines I had to use but they were all busy.  I completed all but one of my exercises in 2 hours.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Ocean’s 8 (5.8), Hereditary (8.3), and Hotel Artemis (6.2).

Locally, I would like to see Hereditary (8.3) playing at 7:30 at Oviedo or 7:40 at Santafe; Ocean’s 8 (5.8) playing at 3:30 at Vizcaya.

Laura wanted to go to Deli Hoy for Bandeja Paisa for lunch but I told her I’m not going down and up the hill for something I don’t like that much so she went alone and at 2pm I went to La Casita Parilla where I had their delicious ribs and a Coke for 14mil.
I walked a block away from the gym to a store that specializes in suitcases and backpacks because the zipper on my fanny pack is failing.  I remember I used to have another one and I recall getting the zipper fixed somewhere but I looked around the apt and can’t find it.  Maybe it didn’t survive the trip from the finca 2 years ago.  Anyway I found a fanny pack smaller and one larger but not exactly what I was looking for so I took a pass.

Across the street I bought 2 bunches of flowers for 12mil.  Walking back to the apt Mateo came out of La Casita Parilla and I guess he asked if those were for Teresa.  I said “yes” and told him that one of these bunches in the States would cost at least 30mil and you should have seen the look on his face.

Well, it’s official, I have a cold.  I’ve been sneezing all day with an occasional runny nose.  I wonder where and when I picked that up.  Of course it will feel worse tonight.

Teresa came back at 8pm.  She says the finca gate is coming along nicely and should be finished next week.  Because we’re getting short on cash this month John is going to start moving things into the finca next week and will give Teresa some/the money next Monday or Tuesday.

We ordered a Frischuleta to share to be delivered from Frisby.

No rain again today.

T-shirt of the day: I speak fluent sarcasm.

2 comments:

  1. Terry, Ask around for a nearby zapatero who does good work and I'm willing to bet you'll be able to get that zipper on your fanny-pack fixed for much less than a new one costs.

    OK — HTH

    Cheers!
    ==
    PS - Try cutting your melatonin tablets into quarters and take it that way. They may work better as a lower dose. (If that doesn't seem to work any better for you then you can always go back to the 1/2 tablets again.) -pm
    ==

    ReplyDelete