Friday, June 1, 2018

Thursday, May 31, 2018


I got up once during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.

I had a large bowl of granola for breakfast and left the apt at 8:25.  I quickly caught a bus to the metro.  I met Jose at the chess league at 9:20.  We talked to the secretary for awhile and she showed us part of her coin collection.  She had a US nickel and quarter and I told her I’d bring her some more change.

We played one game at near tournament speed – 60 minutes plus 30 seconds per move – and he blundered on his 4th move but I blundered on my 16th move and he ended up winning what shouldn’t have been a close game.

We had lunch at Subway and I had the 6” chicken teriyaki sandwich with a 16oz Pepsi for 17mil (about $6).  Jose had to comment that we finally have a sunny day without any rain.  I replied “so far”.

Back at the chess league we played another game and he beat me with a nice attack.  While we were playing we were both surprised to see it raining – but only for about 10 minutes.

Jose and Maria will be vacationing in Santa Marta from June 2nd to the 9th so I won’t be seeing him next week.

I returned to Envigado and had a coconut lemonade at Bartolos for 6mil.

I stopped at the corner store and picked up 2 bags of milk and brought them back to the apt.

We ordered 3 burritos from Frisby and they were delivered for 26,000 pesos.  That was our early dinner.

T-shirt of the day: Most likely to not give a fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment