Monday, June 25, 2018

Sunday, June 24, 2018


I did not sleep well last night.  I did take 2 smaller pieces of melatonin before I went to bed – maybe I should have taken less?  Because of that I slept in until 9am.  At one point I felt a calf cramp coming on but I managed to catch it quickly and massage it out.
Btw, I think it rained most of the night.

I put on my simplest gym shorts and t-shirt and left the apt at 10am.  I walked a block past Exito to where the Ciclovia started.  Half of the street was blocked off from all car traffic.  I walked north and made a temporary detour to La Buena Mesa (The Good Table) – a popular restaurant area of Envigado.  I was looking for the steakhouse Lucio Carbon & Vino at Carrera 44A #30 Sur-40 which was recommended by Medellin Guru.  I found where it should be but there was no sign and no address, so who knows.  I continued walking north to the border of Envigado and Medellin.  I stopped and walked through the Carulla supermarket but didn’t notice anything special.  Outside, in the small attached mall, I found an outside food court with a restaurant that serves breakfast from 7am to 11am.  Maybe some Sunday I can get Teresa to go with me and we’ll walk halfway, stop for breakfast, and then walk back.  Outside I bought an orange juice for about 4,000 pesos.  On my way back to the apt I bought a large ripe banana for 500 pesos.  I was back at the apt by 11:30.

I took a shower and then watched the World Cup match between Colombia and Poland.  Colombia won 3-0 and each time they scored I could hear lots of cheering from the apartment below us and others across the street, plus cars honking their horns.  I think Colombia plays next on Thursday morning against Senegal.

Laura ordered a full chicken to be delivered for lunch from Frisby.

I finished reading The Hardness Factor by Steven Lamm.

Teresa came back at 7pm; she says she’s getting close to finishing the work on the finca.

We got a little rain in the evening.

If your dictionary told the truth: Pets (n.) The only members of your family you really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment