Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Monday, June 18, 2018


Last night Teresa was very tired so we went to bed at 10pm.  I woke up at 3am and found her snoring for about the next hour.  I think I finally fell back asleep around 6am, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Teresa sent me to the corner store to buy a few things like eggs, milk, arepas, etc.  Ten minutes after I returned she tells me we’re out of coffee.  Sigh!

I found a 3rd no seeum bite on my right arm.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  Charles was there but left soon after I arrived.  At one point Jason came over and asked for my help.  He showed me instructions in English as to how to use one of the exercise cycles.  I translated as best I could and then directed him to the translator app that I usually use.  I completed all but one of my exercises in a little less than 2 hours.  Because I had missed a week and am still suffering a bit from my cold I moved a lot of my exercises down a weight level.  I kept my leg curls at 65# but still am limiting the number of reps.

On the way back to the apt I saw that Belgium is ahead 2-0 over Peru.  When I got back to the apt I saw they had a 3-0 lead which turned out to be the final.

I forgot to mention Happy Fathers Day yesterday.  Until about mid morning yesterday I still thought it wasn’t until next Sunday.  Maybe it’s different here?  I’ll see if I can’t get the ladies to go with me to Mu next Friday or Saturday night.

In the back of the park behind the library workers have set up 5 “tarps” like canopies.  They don’t look like they would keep out the rain, maybe they are there to keep cement (that they have yet to pour) from drying too quickly.



I left the apt at 2pm and had a burger and mango juice at La Casita Parilla.  I was surprised they didn’t have the England vs Tunisia soccer game on TV. 

I walked to the end of the block where I caught a Metro bus to Majorca mall.  (This time I remembered to bring my Civica card.)  A guard directed me to the Totto store and I found a replacement for 70mil for my current fanny pack that is suffering from a broken zipper.  It’s a little larger than I would like but I needed a replacement soon.  I asked the saleslady if they repair fanny packs and she said they do.  I’ll return soon with my broken one and it should be fixed in a week or two.  Then I’ll probably switch back to my original one.

Outside the mall, instead of taking a taxi back like I usually do, I asked if there is a bus to Parque Envigado.  A man directed me to the 3rd bus in (front of) line.  I was soon back at the park although the ride was very hurky jerky.  I printed out a few pages at the copy center where I found everything back in order.  There was a young girl there that looked like a spitting image of the owner.  I asked if her if that was her daughter and she said, “yes, why?”.  I told her they look alike and then, a little too slow, I said “maybe you’re sisters?” and she liked that and agreed.  I made what will probably be my last cash withdrawal for this month.  I stopped at Cotrafa to pay a couple bills and the line was all the way to the door so I decided to come back tomorrow.  I stopped at Exito and picked up a list of things that Teresa had given me and I was happy that I had the nice little bag they gave me at Totto as it came in handy carrying things.

I was back at the apt by 4:30.

Teresa came back at 7pm and told me she found another builder who will install the gate for less money. 

I reminded her that we’re supposed to go to Home Center tonight and she said she’s tired so we’ll go tomorrow morning after Colombia’s soccer match with Japan.

If your dictionary told the truth: Laziness (n.) Risking dropping everything you carry rather than walking twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment