Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Tuesday, June 19, 2018


I woke up once at 3:30, fell back asleep about 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

At 7am Colombia’s match started against Japan in Saransk, Russia.  In the spirit of full disclosure, my 2nd wife was born in Saransk, Mordovia, Russia.

Well, Colombia lost to Japan 2-1.  At the 2-minute mark a Colombia player touched the ball with his arm (called a hand ball) resulting in a penalty kick and his getting a red card.  Because of the former Japan went ahead 1-0 and because of the latter Colombia had to play the rest of the game with only 10 players.

Teresa and I walked down to Home Center where she had a long pole cut into 4 pieces.  I understand they are to support the roof over the gate entrance.  (I think the gate is going to be metal now as I understand it’s less expensive than wood.)

Teresa took the wood in a taxi to the finca and I walked back to the apt.

I went downtown and paid what should be the last couple bills for this month.

At 1:20 I left the apt, met Laura at Deli Hoy and we had lunch.  I invited her to join me to see Ocean’s 8 (5.8) at Vizcaya and surprisingly she agreed.  We walked a couple blocks where we soon were on a bus.  It was standing room only most of the way to Calle 10.  We caught another bus from there that took us a block from Vizcaya.

I bought 2 tickets for 3,000 pesos each.  Laura was surprised they were so cheap but I informed her that Tuesday and Wednesday tickets are half price.  I bought a medium popcorn to share and a medium soda for each of us for a total of 18,200 pesos leaving me with a Cine Colombia card balance of 14,200.  I believe I now have 16 total ticket purchases, past the halfway mark to 30.

There were about a dozen or so people in the theater.  The movie was good, unexpectedly funny although it wasn’t a comedy, and had some plot twists.

Afterward we walked down to Avenida Poblado where we soon caught a Sabaneta bus.  I tried to open the ceiling windows but they appeared to be broken.  Laura got the next to last seat and I got the last seat – next to a large woman who took up more than her share.  And she waited until we were halfway through the trip before opening her window even the slightest.  As often happens at this hour it took 30 minutes to go up the Gold Mile.

Back at the apt we found a slip of paper under our door that looks like it’s announcing that we will be asked to participate in their national census.

Teresa returned at 7:30 and right away ordered chicken breast to be delivered from La Casita Parilla for 10mil.

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a package waiting for pickup.

If your dictionary told the truth: Brain (n.) Something we all have but most do not use.

No comments:

Post a Comment