Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Monday, June 4, 2018


Last night I fell asleep quickly but I got up at 3am, 5am, and 6am.  I finally gave up getting back to sleep and I got up at 7:15.

Teresa tells me we need to buy lettuce and arepas.  I know we need bananas and more Cheerios.  Teresa is getting ready to go to the finca.  She’s got cans of tuna and spaghetti to make lunch there.  
She gets a call and then tells me that the muchacho has a bad cold so they won’t be going today.  So I say then you can go to Exito to buy some groceries.  She then recommends we go to Euro in Mayorista to buy more things.  I guess we’ll be going right after lunch.

At the gym I completed all my exercises in an hour and 55 minutes.  My quadriceps are feeling more normal so soon I'll increase the reps a bit before I add on more weight.

We all walked down to Deli Hoy for lunch.  After, Teresa tells me that she only needs a few things – mostly for the finca so we went to Exito instead.

In the evening I learned that my son Jim is coming for a visit on July 2nd.  Yay!

T-shirt of the day: No pain no gain.

6 comments:

  1. Do you make up all of your "t-shirt of the day" sayings or is it a cobination of making them up and what you see. I think they are all very clever. I do enjoy your postings.

    I am my 86 year old mom's caregiver. when it is my turn to retire to your area I would love to meet up with you....guess I better buy some chess softwear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same question. Been reading his entries on this blog since last year and i never questioned the tshirt of the day until last week when it said "Slut Whisperer." Haha

    Debbie, Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all t-shirts that i see wherever I am. I don't make any of them up - I'm not that clever. Lol. Sometimes I do see them for sale in a store or maybe on a hat. Jack, Love to meet you when it's your turn to arrive. Before you move here it's a good idea to come for an extended visit. If you play chess that would be great. Do remember to bring earplugs. Lol.

    Debbie, I have an old Phillippino (sp?) friend that i used to work with in the Sears Tower. He was an expert at chess. Now he's retired in Hawaii with his extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, "slut whisperer" was an actual t-shirt. There's a more offensive one coming up very soon. Sometimes I think they don't know what their t-shirt in English says.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If either of you come for a visit for the first time, give me your email address and I'll send you a copy of my Tips for Visitors to Medellin.

    ReplyDelete