Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Tuesday, June 5, 2018


Well, I got up 4-5 times during the night, finally woke up at 5:30 and got up at 6:30.

Teresa left for the finca at 9:15.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then changed clothes and left the apt.  I stopped first at the barber shop on the corner for a 25 minute haircut for 10,000 pesos.  I made an ATM withdrawal then stopped for cafĂ© con leche at Bartolos.  I paid the epm (utilities) bill at Cotrafa and the Direct TV bill at $efecty.  I returned to the bookstore and the same young lady was there as last week and she recognized me right away and I could tell from her body language that she would allow me to exchange my book for another one.  She did see her get approval from a man in the back before writing the title down in a ledger book.

I stopped at Bancolombia and deposited the cash into Laura’s account for the gym.

Back at the apt I received an email from Will who I understand won’t be able to visit Envigado now until August as he has to have some surgery.

Laura and I left the apt about 1pm and walked down to Deli Hoy where we had a nice pork lunch.

Back at the apt Laura said something about going to Oviedo for her grandmother and she wanted me to go with her.  I said I would.

I took a little nap from 2:30 to 3:30.

Laura and I left at 4pm and took a bus to Oviedo.  She spent about 2 minutes in Bon Bonite and came out with some cash.  Did she return something?  I said I came here just for that?

We walked down to Starbucks where we both had a cold caramel something for almost 10mil apiece.  We walked next door to Krispy Kreme, each picked out a donut and sat outside.  The drink was very cold and very good.  I think I’ll continue ordering it in this hot weather.

After about an hour we walked back to Oviedo and after about a 10 minute wait we got on a Sabaneta bus.  It was standing room only and at each stop, even though the bus appeared full, more people squeezed in.  If they couldn’t get in the front door they got on through the back door so we were squeezed from both directions.  At one point a lady was trying to get to the back door and as she squeezed between my back and a man behind me wearing a backpack, I said to Laura “I feel like I just had a medical procedure!”  I don’t think she got the joke.

We finally got off a block from the apt and were back by 6pm.

Teresa was already there and I asked how things were going at the finca and she replied that they are digging holes for the gate.

Wow!  We had what, like 3 days without any rain?  Maybe the first rainy season for the year is finally over.

T-shirt of the day: 100% paisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment