Thursday, June 28, 2018

Wednesday, June 27, 2018


Last night I fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

I think maybe my cold has ended as I don’t notice any symptoms.  We’ll see how the day progresses.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I occasionally took a peek at the World Cup matches being shown on screens in front of the treadmills.  I think Korea vs Germany and Sweden vs Mexico were both 0-0 at the end of the first half.  Then Sweden went up 1-0.  Near the end of both matches a group of men were keeping an eye on the Korea vs Germany match and there was a shout out when Korea scored.  In the last minute Germany pulled their goalie and Korea got an almost open net goal with a slight player assist to finalize it 2-0.  The next thing I knew Sweden was up 3-0 over Mexico.  I completed all of my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes.  My hamstrings have been feeling much better lately. The last matches of the first round ends tomorrow morning with Colombia playing Senegal at 9am.

Laura and I had lunch at La Casita Parilla for 26,000 pesos.  She went to work for a while at the kindergarten and I stopped at the nearby copy center and had a few pages printed.

Back at the apt I made myself a glass of iced tea.  I really need a little lemon to finish it off correctly.

Laura sent me a link to the video she made for her au pair profile. The only problem is that she made it outdoors and the audio is too weak.  I recommended she make it indoors.  She said she’s got a friend to will help her with that.

Laura came back at 7pm, changed clothes and headed to the gym.  Teresa came back about 20 minutes later.  She told me John wants to watch the Colombia match tomorrow and after that they will meet at the finca.

Well, about my cold, I had to blow my nose once towards the end of my workout at the gym this morning and again in the afternoon so I think my cold is nearing an end.  Unfortunately, Laura has a cold so I’m hoping she doesn’t give it to me.

Tomorrow at 9am, Colombia with 3 points (1 Win, 1 Loss) plays Senegal with 4 points (1 Win, 1 Tie).  If I understand the World Cup system correctly, Colombia advances only with a win.  You can bet most of Colombia will be tuned into that match.

About 8:30 it started raining and it was still raining when we went to bed at 11pm.

If your dictionary told the truth: Tomorrow (n.) The best time to do everything you had planned for today.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Terry, I follow you all the time love the daily entries. You might try the liquor dept of Exito or someplace that sells liquor for some lemon juice for your tea.

    Cheers! Darrell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could try but i'm afraid here that what they all consider lemons, we call them limes. I've only seen, and then one time, lemons marked as imported lemons in Euro supermarket in Mayorista.

      Delete
  2. I see you often take the buses along Avenida Poblado. Is there a guide to which ones go where? I have your information on the Metro buses, but there are so many others. I was hoping there were a couple that you use regularly to get around that you could recommend for going to Envigado and Laureles, and also PriceSmart. We live on Calle 3 sur near Banco Occidental. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only guide is to look on the windshield to see what major stops it makes. But that way you'll have to be a little familiar with places in the city. Or you can just ask the driver if he's going to such and such a place. To go to Envigado take the Sabaneta bus and get off a block after you see the large Exito sign on the wall and walk 1 block east to the park/downtown. To get to Laureles walk down the hill to Avenida Las Vegas and catch the Circular Sur bus on the opposite side of the street - I forget if it's 302 or 303 - one goes clockwise and the other clockwise on the almost identical route. To go to PriceSmart you take the same bus and get off when it passes Avenida 70. You'll see a brightly painted wooden fence with construction behind it. At that point you're one block from PriceSmart. My usual rule of thumb is take a taxi the first time i go someplace and then keep my eyes open for the address and what's around it. In time I figure out what buses go there. Often i'm going alone. When there's 2 or more people it often is more economical to just take a taxi. I hope this helps.

      Delete