Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Tuesday, June 26, 2018


Last night I took another small piece (half) of melatonin.  I fell asleep quickly but woke up at 4:30 and didn’t fall asleep again until about 6am.  I finally woke/got up at 8am.

I had my usual breakfast at Carbon de Leña.

Teresa left the apt at 9:15 with just about the last of our cash.

I’m beginning to understand how this World Cup scheduling works.  There are presently 6 teams in each of the 8 groups (A-H).  After they complete the single round robin on Thursday, the top two teams from each group advance.  In Colombia’s case, the winner of Group H plays the 2nd place finisher in Group G and the 2nd place finisher in Group H plays the 1st place finisher in Group G.  From then on, winners advance, losers go home.

At 12:30 Laura told me she’s going to meet a friend near MT’s apt and they will make a video.  (I think that’s one of the last requirements for her au pair profile.)  She said she will text me and we’ll meet at Deli Hoy for lunch – probably about 1:30.

I transferred $300 from my savings account to checking so I could withdraw some much needed cash from an ATM.  I hope that will be the last of it for this month.  John is supposed to give Teresa 1,100,000 pesos early next month which will help replenish my savings account.

Laura texted me at 1:30 and I met her and her friend Alejandra at Deli Hoy.  Alejandra speaks good English.  I understand they met when Laura was taking classes at Colombo Americano in Poblado.  Alejandra said that Laura is looking for a sugar daddy but she’s too impatient.  From Laura’s reaction to this I doubt she even knows what a sugar daddy is.

After lunch I watched the end of a soccer match and then went downtown.  My usual ATM machine was out of order so I had to use the one at Citibank.  I stopped at the nearby copy center to print out a map of the barrios of Envigado.  The man who I think is the owner helped me.  I understand the map I had would print out very small so he found another link that gave me a larger size.  Printing the page in color cost me less than 2,000 pesos.

I had a glass of iced tea but it would be better if I could just add a couple drops of lemon.

At 4:30 I heard thunder and then it started raining lightly.

We received out epm utility bill today.  One thing that stood out – for months our gas bill has been about 3,000 pesos which makes sense due to the supposed gas leak.  But this month it is 10,000 pesos.  Why?  The only thing different is that I’ve been using the oven occasionally for making garlic bread but it’s supposed to be electric.

Teresa came back at 6:30.  John has some more requests regarding fixing the driveway but at least he gave her some additional money.

I think I grossed Laura out when she saw me eating dill pickle chips – alone.

If your dictionary told the truth: Poor (adj.) When you have too much month at the end of your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment