Thursday, June 7, 2018

Wednesday, June 6, 2018


We went to bed at 11pm last night as usual and I didn’t wake up until 5:45am, finally getting up at 6:45.  Maybe it was the Krispy Kreme donut that helped me sleep through the night.  Lol.

Teresa spoke to the muchacho building the gate and she says she will need 800mil from me today and she’ll reimburse me when she gets the money from John.

Teresa isn’t going to the finca today because she has her nutritionist appointment this afternoon.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and headed to the gym.  On the leg curl machine I feel something in my hamstrings when I begin but it soon goes away.  At one point Oscar came up to me and asking why I don’t have a tattoo?  I told him I don’t like tattooes.  He said I could get a small one on over my heart with a colored heart and “I love Teresa”.  I told him maybe I’ll put one on my penis and I thought he was going to die laughing.  (Sometimes Teresa asks me why I’m so funny and I reply “because I’m a gringo”.)  I did all of my exercises in a little under 2 hours.

I made plans to meet Gray and his father Bob tomorrow morning at their hotel in the San Joaquin barrio of Medellin.  It looks like they are about 3 blocks from Jose’s house.

After lunch I managed to figure out how to copy all (254) of the 17-year old grandmaster Samuel Sevian’s chess games into my own database.  His first published game must have been when he was about 9 years old and he was already playing stronger than I ever have.

Teresa and I left the apt at 2:30 for her 3:30 nutritionist appointment.  I kind of remembered how to get there from last time so I was able to advise the taxi driver.  The doctor gave Teresa pretty much the same pitch he gave me but he also gave her a prescription to see another doctor or for additional tests.  I understand her mother and father were both diabetic so they are going to check her.

We walked over to Santafe and Teresa checked out the new Zara store and came out and said everything is ugly.  Ugly = less expensive in my book.  Lol.  She also checked out Forever 21 with the same result.  We went up to J&C Delicias and sat down and when no one came to take our order after 5 minutes we left.  We went a couple restaurants down to Parmessano where I ordered a Cesar salad with chicken and Teresa ordered beef with mushrooms and mashed potatoes.  I also had a mango juice and she had water.  It suddenly occurred to me that I didn’t have my tech bag with me.  I hustled back to J&C Delicias and there it was right where I left it on the side chair.  My salad was pretty good although light on the lettuce and I tasted Teresa’s beef and ended up spitting it out because it was too tough.  The final bill including tip and tax was 64,791COP or $23.50.

We walked down to the lower level where Teresa picked up apples and a head of lettuce at Jumbo.  Outside we waited in the usual place to catch a taxi but I thought it was strange that there was no line.  After about 5 minutes Teresa asked someone and we learned that they have a new taxi waiting area – with seats – up the ramp a short ways.  There were about 8 people waiting ahead of us but we soon were on our way back to Envigado.

On the news it appears that the hydroelectric dam is still leaking and I understand they are rushing to finish/fix it before it gives way completely.

I found some videos on Youtube that give tips about using my Fritz software so I started looking through those.

T-shirt of the day: Bit first gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment