Monday, June 4, 2018

Sunday, June 3, 2018


Last night we went to bed at 11pm as usual.  The good news is I slept through the night until 5:30am.  The bad news is that I was awakened by a cramp in my calf.  At least it only took me about 20 seconds to massage it out.  Teresa told me that when I yelled she thought some animal had bitten me.  I fell back asleep quickly and didn’t wake/get up until 8am.

After a breakfast of French toast for me and leftover ribs for Teresa we left the apt.  Workers finished most of the sidewalk surrrounding the little park across from the library.  Approaching Home Center we saw a large beam from Exito leading towards a new “tower” on the corner of the lot.  We wondered what the heck that was.  Teresa talked to a worker and we found it will be a pedestrian bridge to the metro station.  Wow, that’s like 2 blocks away.  But that will get them over 37th street safely.  If I understood him correctly the planned August 31st finish date for the mall is unlikely.

In Home Center we first picked out about a dozen light bulbs for the finca.  Then Teresa picked out a single burner electric cook top.   I understand it’s mainly for cooking lunch for workers at the finca.  She tried to get me to buy a Char Broil barbecue grill/smoker for our next apt.  I told her we don’t even know what our next apt will look like.  I explained that we would need a balcony because using charcoal we would need bo BBQ outdoors.  Then while looking at cooking pots she put the light bulbs back on a shelf.  She picked up a bottle of lighter fluid and a set of plastic food storage containers.

We stopped at Dogger’s – The Real American Taste - where we each had a hotdog and soda.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt for the minimum of 5,400 pesos.

I got an email from Gray whose father Bob of 77 years has just retired here.  From what they say it looks like they are about 3 blocks from Jose in San Joaquin.  I’m going to try to meet up with them in their area either Tuesday or Thursday.

Wow, we went a whole day with no rain.

T-shirt of the day: I love you more than a nerd loves math class.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Terry,

    Just curious, but were those light bulbs that Teresa was wanting to buy incandescent ones?

    Or were they those CFLs (compact fluorescent bulbs) which I tend to call 'twistee-freeze' bulbs?

    Have you seen any of the LED bulbs offered anywhere in Medellín so far? If so what are they charging for them?

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were all the compact fluorescent bulbs. I don't remember the last time I saw the old style incandescent bulbs for sale here. LED bulbs? I don't recall but I'll try to remember to look next time we visit Home Center.

    ReplyDelete