Friday, June 8, 2018

Thursday, June 7, 2018


Last night I went to bed at 11pm at usual, fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 4:30, getting up at 5:15.  I posted my blog and went back to bed at 6am waking/getting up at 7:30.

Teresa left for the finca at 8:30.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show, dressed and left the apt at 9:30.  On the metro were 4 tall young ladies from Denmark – 2 were blonde.  On the metro plus was a man carrying a Louisville Slugger baseball bat.  Of course he got off by the Stadium.  I arrived at Estacion Estadio at 10:15.  They had plenty of bicyles but I didn’t check one out because I was afraid that the automated station at San Juan might be full and then what would I do with the bicycle?  I walked down 70th street and at Circular 4 I asked a woman standing on the corner which way was Circular 5.  She pointed south, the direction I was walking, but when the next street was Circular 3 I knew I was going the wrong way.  I turned around and arrived at the La Quinta (7th) Avenue Hotel at 10:30.  I was soon joined by Bob and his son Gray from Nashville, Tennessee.  We went to a bakery a couple blocks away and I gave them advice about getting a pensionado visa and how to do other things in Colombia.  We walked a few blocks and soon arrived at Las Pampa, the Argentinian steakhouse.  Bob and I had burgers and Gray, who is vegetarian, did not.  Bob was, obviously, proud that Gray graduated summa cum laude with a GPA of 3.95 majoring in, music I think, with a minor in Arabic.

After lunch they returned to the hotel and then were going to the nearby Inter-Col to see if Bob has everything he needs to get his Pensionado Visa.

I invited them to meet me sometime in the near future in Envigado but right now they are busy with apartment rental, getting a visa, Spanish lessons, etc.

The metro and metro bus rides back were both packed with people with little air flow.

On the Envigado bridge I bought a kilo of strawberries. 

I was back at the apt by 3:30 but Teresa didn’t arrive until 7:15.

Another day without rain.

T-shirt of the day: Stranger Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment