Thursday, June 14, 2018

Wednesday, June 13, 2018


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once about 3:30, and woke/got up at 7am.

I guess Laura and Teresa talked because first thing this morning Teresa informed me that Laura wants to focus on her au pair future instead of shoe sales.

I told them I was a little concerned that Teresa’s going to need lots of money for the finca gate at the same time that Laura’s going to need lots of money for her au pair.  Laura explained that she’ll only need 400mil for her interview this month and Teresa should soon have the money from John.  Only problem right now is Teresa is worried because John isn’t answering her calls and she can’t reach the muchacho who is painting the finca.

I left the apt at 8am (I think Laura left a few minutes later), picked up a free Adn newspaper, had breakfast at Carbon de Leña, had 3 pages printed at the copy center, bought 2 bags of milk, and was back at the apt by 8:50.

There is an article in the newspaper about Tappsi and Easy Taxi combining sometime this year.  I have each of their apps on my cellphone.  Also, there is a “spreadsheet” showing all the upcoming World Cup games.  That will come in handy.  I’ll have a better idea of what’s going on than I did 4 years ago in Laureles.

Teresa still didn’t hear from either guy so when her cousin Cecelia arrived at 10:30 she went with her.

I keep thinking of additional adjectives to describe our “supreme leader”: conman, unintelligent, lazy, incompetent, inept, shallow.  The worse may still be to come – law breaker.

At 1:10pm I got a text message from Laura that’s she’s heading back to the apt.  Maybe I can convince her to go for pizza at Papa Johns today.

She thinks Papa Johns is making her fat so we ended up having the menu of the day at Bartolos.

I spent the afternoon watching chess videos on YouTube.

Teresa came back at 7pm and at 8pm we left the apt, met MT down the hill and took a taxi to Pizza Antica.

Instead of ordering the Vegetariana pizza and then removing things like mushrooms and olives I just told the waiter the ingredients I wanted.  Then Teresa said something to him which included Vegetariana and when I got my pizza it included mushrooms minus another ingredient I ordered so I had to wait for them to remake it.
We were back at the apt by 9pm.

If your dictionary told the truth: Feet (n.) A device used for finding Legos in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment