Friday, June 22, 2018

Wednesday, June 20, 2018


Last night I only got up once finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  Today was a little more crowded than usual but I still completed all but one of my exercises in 90 minutes.

Laura and I left for lunch at 1pm.  I asked her if she would be interested in trying a Chinese restaurant and she agreed.  I took her to New Shop Lui on the corner of Calle 36 Sur and Carrera 42.  Laura ordered their shrimp, Chinese rice and spaghetti combo and I ordered chicken chop suey.  The waitress was a young Colombiana but the owner was obviously Chinese so I felt better about eating there.  I was a little surprised they didn’t offer any hot green tea like I used to get in the US.

After lunch Laura pointed out another Chinese restaurant, this one on Avenida Poblado even closer to our apt.  Laura returned to the apt and I took a bus to Mayorca mall.  At Totto I dropped off my fanny pack for repairs but I didn’t understand the cost but it can’t be much.  The salesgirl said they will call me (I gave them Teresa’s phone number) in about 2 weeks.

I took the escalators up 2 more floors to the Cinemas Procinal and was shocked to see, not only the usual Disneyland type lines, but an additional line about 100’ long.  I checked the scrolling marque and it showed movies for screens 1-3 and then 5-7, but what happened to 4?  I walked upstairs and saw theaters 1-4 so I’m really in the dark.  I don’t think Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom opens until tomorrow so I don’t know what the attraction is.  I had a cafĂ© con leche at Deli but the A/C was so strong soon I felt chilled so I quickly finished my coffee and left.

I quickly caught a bus back to Envigado.  I stopped at Exito and picked up a few necessary items.

I watched episode 9 (season 2) of Westworld although I missed episode 8.

Teresa came back at 7:15.  She thinks she’ll only need a few more days to finish the work at the finca.  I understand John has been moving things in every day.

For dinner I had my leftover chicken chop suey.  Teresa tried it but preferred rice so later she had some of Laura’s leftovers.

Colombia’s next match is against Poland at 1pm on Sunday.  This is a must win for them.

If your dictionary told the truth: Best friends (n.) The people you can get mad at only for a short period of time because you have important stuff to tell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment