Thursday, May 31, 2018

Wednesday, May 30, 2018


Last night we went to bed at 11pm as usual.  I couldn’t get to sleep so I got up at midnight, read my book for 30 minutes, went back to bed and quickly fell asleep.

I woke up once during the night, woke up at 6:45 and got up at 7:30.

I don’t think we got any rain overnight.

I did all but one of my exercises in an hour and 50 minutes.

I got some strange text messages from Laura about moving in with her grandmother and selling shoes wholesale with a friend.  I explained to her that she should become an au pair and later go to college, get a degree and become a professional.

Teresa left to show the gringo John the finca.

I had lunch with Laura at Deli Hoy.  I briefly met another gringo there named Joe from Connecticut who told me he works right around the corner.  Laura went back to the apt and I took a bus down Avenida Las Vegas, got off a block past EAFIT, and walked up the hill to Oviedo.  I was an hour early for the 3pm showing of Solo: A Star Wars Story (7.2).  I bought a general seating ticket for 5,250 pesos – I had the only seat in the house at that point. 

I read some from my Reader’s Digest then bought a small popcorn and medium soda for 13,200 leaving me with a balance of 17,600 on my Cine Colombia card.

I saw trailers for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (8.3) coming out June 22nd and Skyscraper starring Dwayne Johnson coming out July 13th.

There were 6 other people in the theater with me.

I enjoyed the movie as it had quite a bit of action but the theater itself was cold.

I think the total ticket count I have on my Cine Colombia card (since February?) is now 13.

Outside the mall I quickly caught a bus back to Envigado and even had a seat the entire way.

Teresa told me that the gringo John was very interested in the finca.  I understand he will probably sign a 12-month contract but pay month to month.  Teresa told me that her cousin Jorge would paint the finca and I wouldn’t have to pay him until September when he returns from Spain.  (She also said that he plays chess.)  I understand Teresa will be going to the finca with Jorge the next couple days to buy paint and start painting part of it.  Teresa just talked to Esmeralda and now she’s afraid to rent it to him because he doesn’t have a fiador (cosigner).  Again I told her that it’s her finca and she can do whatever she wants.

We had ribs delivered from La Casita Parilla with sodas for 28mil.
Teresa left just before 8pm to visit a little with her mother.  She came back at 9pm and at 9:15 it started raining.  It stopped by the time we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Call me BABE.

No comments:

Post a Comment