Thursday, May 3, 2018

Wednesday, May 2, 2018


Well, I slept throught the night not waking up until 5:45 finally getting up at 6:15.  I, and my eyes, feel great!

It’s obvious we got some rain overnight but I didn’t hear anything.

I received emails from Envios Market that I have a document and package waiting for pickup.

I completed most of my exercises at the gym in an hour and 45 minutes.

I met Chuck and Darnely at the copy center where we had his form printed out. Darnely signed it and we gave it to the girl to fax to the US.  She said it went ok but when I looked at the receipt it showed “communication error” and “0 paginas” sent.  I mentioned this to her and she agreed that it hadn’t worked.  The second time was a charm.  I said goodbye to them and headed back to the apt.

I thought after my shower we would first go to lunch and then to the bank but I understood Laura has an au pair appointment at 3pm so she wanted to do the bank first.

Laura and I went to the bank and we had to wait 90 minutes for me to pick up my money.  Just to save about $20?  Either I do this days earlier in the future or I forget about using World Remit and go back to using ATM machines.  Again the teller asked me “why?” I sent the money to myself and this time I had a better answer than to avoid ATM fees.  I said the money is to pay for the apartment and my health insurance.  After I got my cash we stepped outside and I deposited the cash into the appropriate accounts for the apartment and my health insurance.

By this time it was 2:15.  We went to La Casita Parilla for a quick lunch, caught a taxi at 3pm and were at the au pair office by 3:30.
I understood Laura and the rep filled out some general information forms and others for medical history and childcare experience.  I asked about getting the “before July” discount and I understand Laura just has to have everything in place including passing her English interview by then.  I think Laura chose an availability date of July 16th.

A little after 5pm Laura told me they are almost finished and I could go if I wanted as she was going to visit with friends afterward.  I picked up an envelope and a package at Envios Market.  The envelope was junk mail – my first? - an attempt to get me to subscribe to Smithsonian magazine.  The package was a chess book I ordered.  I walked over to the ATM machine in Clinica Medellin to get some small notes but it was out of order.  I caught a bus back to Envigado that was almost “cattle car” full.
I was back at the apt by 5:45.

I soon realized that I forgot to include the rent increase we just incurred this May.  I’ll take care of that tomorrow.

Laura came back at 8:30.  Later she asked me to take a look at the profile and letter she put together.  I asked her to email it to me.

T-shirt of the day: Who is that girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment