Sunday, May 27, 2018

Saturday, May 26, 2018


I got up twice during the night, waking at 6am and getting up at 7:30.

I left the apt about 9:15 and took a bus to Envios Market.  I picked up the 2 packages of prostate vitamins I ordered from GNC, my June Reader’s Digest, and I paid 39mil for June’s rental.  I took a bus to Starbucks where I had another white mocca.  I read some from my May Reader’s Digest and then caught a bus back to Envigado.  Just as we arrived in Envigado it started raining and was coming down harder as I exited the bus.

I have no idea what time Laura came home last night; Teresa and I went to bed at 11pm and I didn’t hear her after that.

I sent John a few photos of the finca.

About 2pm it finally stopped raining.

Laura looked at the trailer for Solo and I understand she’s no longer interested in going.

Some days ago I was playing around with some settings on my cell phone – trying to save space or battery power.  A few days later I noticed that my Contacts list no longer displays the telephone numbers next to the contact names.  A few days after that – today – I see that almost all of my Contacts are completely gone.  The only ones I see are ones I’ve used very recently.  Anyone out there have an idea what I did and what I can do to fix it?  I’m afraid it will happen again.  I showed it to Laura and she went to my Whatsapp list and used it to add the names and number back to my Contacts list.  But of course that didn’t work for everyone, for example, the restaurant Mu I never message with Whatsapp but I would call with Contacts.

I checked my Shredder chess software and found I have the following chess engines.  I did a quick google search and came up with the corresponding ELO ratings but they might not be accurate.
Chess Engines
Comet B68 – 2382
Crafty 19.19 – 2487
Fritz 5.32 – 2540
Shredder 10 – 2600
Stockfish 8 64 – 3305

About 3:30 Teresa asks me if I want to go for Chinese food tonight.  I said “sure” and she tells me she knows of a good place in Mayorca mall.  She wants to bring her mother who is bored alone in her apartment and I said good idea.

I was looking forward to maybe having some cashew chicken so I even looked up the Spanish translation.

I reorganized my datbase of all my recorded games against Jose Cruz to be in the order in which they were played.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,875 to the US Dollar.
We left the apt at 6:15, quickly caught a taxi down the hill and MT was waiting for us at the other end of the small park.  In Mayorca we went up to the 4th level and Teresa took us to the Chinese restaurant that she said was next to Parmessano – it was Sarku’s - the Japanese restaurant.  Sigh!  We ended up eating at J&C Delicious but I still want my Chinese food.

We had a nice dinner for 122,152 (about $43) including tip and tax.  On our way back we dropped MT off a block from her apartment.  As I was getting out of the taxi across the street from our apt my cellphone vibrated.  I checked it real quick and found that I had a wifi connection from our apt.  That might be good to know in the future for calling taxis and Uber cars.  We were back at the apt by 9pm.

T-shirt of the day: The quicker you run the faster you’ll be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment