Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Sunday, May 27, 2018


Today is election day here in Colombia.  I understand if there isn’t a winner today then there will be a runoff on some date in June.

I got up 3 times during the night, woke up at 6:30, gave up going back to sleep and got up at 7:30.

Teresa informed me that it rained all night.  I didn’t hear a thing but I can see the streets are wet.

I left the apt about 9:30 and walked down the hill to the larger Exito.  First I had a café con leche at Juan Valdez for 4,000 pesos.  Then I picked up 3 pairs of thin white socks for 26,900.  I picked up the lettuce and 2 avocados Teresa asked me for.  In the meantime Laura texted me and asked me to also pick up salt and sugar.  I went outside and bought a container of Bi-Pro protein powder for 89,000 pesos.  Everything fit nicely into the GFS bag my brother had given me.  I was back at the apt by 11am.

Interesting headline I noticed on the ColombiaReports.com website: Central Colombian woman grows potato in vagina in ill-advised contraception attempt.

After you’ve read that article, it reminds me of something that my mother-in-law recommended for me when I once had a chest cold.  She told me to rub Bengay on my chest before going to bed.  She meant Vics VaporRub – worst night of my life.

From about 1pm to 3pm traffic was backed up outside as, I guess, people were coming and going to vote.  The polls closed at 4pm.

Teresa told me she wants to change her phone number because Andres keeps calling her.  I told her just to not answer.

I put a handful of popcorn kernels in a paper bag and microwaved it for almost 2 minutes.  It was okay but not the same as the microwave popcorn I buy in Exito.

Well, in the presidential contect Duque finished first and Petro second but neither got 50% of the vote so I understand there will be a runoff election on June 17th.

Andres is back!  From 9 to 9:20 he rang our doorbell nonstop.  I took the phone off the hook but the buzzer must be separate as it continued buzzing.  Finally Teresa called the police and I saw 2 police officers who arrived on their motorcycle talking to him downstairs.  A few minutes later Teresa came back upstairs with another man.  His name is Jorge and he is a policeman and also Teresa’s middle cousin.  After a bit Jorge told Andres to go and he was seen walking in the direction of the metro.  Teresa told me if Andres wouldn’t leave Jorge was going to beat him up.

T-shirt of the day: Slut whisperer.

2 comments:

  1. Your statement shirts are raly funny. Are these real shirts you wear daily? Haha

    - Debbie, Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, these are shirts I see on other people. In the gym, on the street and sometimes on hats. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete