Friday, May 11, 2018

Wednesday, May 9, 2018


I got up once during the night, woke up at 5:30am and got up at 6am.  Teresa soon left for the finca.  I understand she had to keep an eye on them to make sure they keep working and to be sure that the work is done correctly.

I walked over to Carbon de Leña and was surprised to see that at 7:30 it wasn’t open.  I sat across the street in the park for awhile expecting it to open any minute.  After about 10 minutes I recalled seeing Moriskos advertising breakfast but I found they weren’t open either.  I stopped at a nearby bakery for a small café con leche for 1,800 pesos. 

Just after 8am I stopped at Carbon de Leña and found it open.  I had calentado (beens and rice) with scrambled eggs and a better version of café con leche for 8,500 pesos.

Back at the apt I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I completed most of my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes.  I added #15 to 3 of my exercises and 2 ½# to another exercise.  Did I mention that the little store just outside the gym has closed and there is no longer any products on their shelves.  That didn’t last long, what, a month or two?

Chuck arrived at 12:30 with 3 suitcases for Laura.  (He still has 5 suitcases in his apartment.)  I put them in Laura’s bedroom.

We walked down to Deli Hoy where we had a nice lunch for 13mil each.  I showed him the new Arame hotel.  Chuck talked to them and this time we got a quote of 150mil per night.   (Just yesterday it was 200mil.)  We were told that this is the ONLY hotel in Envigado.  (I thought there were a couple others on Envigado’s border with Medellin.)  We were shown one of their rooms and it was very nice including a safe.  (As usual there was a lack of electrical outlets; I only saw one next to the bed.)

We walked up the hill to the bookstore where I exchanged my paperback plus 2mil for another.



We stopped at Chuck’s apartment so he could drop off a few things.  We went to Bartolo’s where we each had a coconut lemonade.  From there we walked to the bakery for coffee and a snack.  About 5pm I headed back to the apt as I figured Teresa would soon be returning.

Teresa called and informed me that she was stuck in the rain in Caldas waiting for a bus.

She finally got back about 8pm.  The good news is that even though she has to return to the finca tomorrow it shouldn’t be for a long time.

Looking out the window at the park I can see on the farthest side (away from the library) of the fence they have 5 sheds set up.  There is one shed on the other, nearest, side.

I watched Season 1 Episode 2 of The Rain (6.1) on Netflix.

T-shirt of the day: Rydell High.

No comments:

Post a Comment